Old 02-02-10, 04:12 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Weird Question

Hello

Well, I had my second prenatal doctors appointment yesterday and it was quite traumatizing.
I had to get a pap and everything was going fine until he scraped my cervix. I don't know if it he cut me or what but I bled like crazy. I'm actually still bleeding today. He said it happens sometimes, but has anyone actually heard of this happening? Every one I have talked to has said they never had?
Also, what does it mean if you have a lot of glucose in your urine? I don't eat foods with a whole lot of sugar so it seemed odd?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Old 02-02-10, 04:13 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Also, what does lots of Carotene in your urine mean?

Old 02-02-10, 05:00 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaA

Hello

Well, I had my second prenatal doctors appointment yesterday and it was quite traumatizing.
I had to get a pap and everything was going fine until he scraped my cervix. I don't know if it he cut me or what but I bled like crazy. I'm actually still bleeding today. He said it happens sometimes, but has anyone actually heard of this happening? Every one I have talked to has said they never had?
Also, what does it mean if you have a lot of glucose in your urine? I don't eat foods with a whole lot of sugar so it seemed odd?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Sorry, I don't know about the bleeding cervix part, never heard of it before but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Have you googled it? I also like ask.com.

The glucose in your urine means they will want to test you for gestational diabetes & it has nothing to do with how much food you eat with sugar or carbs, it's how your body processes them that causes a problem. Most everyone is tested for it, but since they are already seeing sugar in your urine this early, they will probably test you sooner than normal. (that's what they did to me)

Sorry, I don't have a clue about Carotene...isn't that what is in carrots & is good for eyesight?

Old 02-02-10, 05:02 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Your cervix becomes soft and full of blood when you're pregnant, so a pelvic exam can definitely cause bleeding. As far as the glucose in your urine, it can be normal, but it can also indicate early that you may be at risk of developing gestational diabetes. Not sure about the carotene.

Old 02-02-10, 05:24 PM
is hoping to concieve SOON
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Glucose in your urine could mean you are developing diabetes when you see glucose think of "sugar" Carotene...are you talking about Creatine? Because that is kidney disfunction.

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools