Baby Corner

Old 02-02-10, 05:25 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hah, I'm not sure what the Carotene even is ?!
Thanks for the info gals. I didn't think I was at risk for gestational diabetes. I don't fall under any of the risk factors.

Old 02-02-10, 05:26 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The bleeding is totally normal! There is so much blood down there and everything is swollen! Its very normal to bleed after an internal exam even without a PAP!

I'd ask your OB about the Carotene, but the glucose could mean you are diabetic while pg. It will show up in your urine tests before you take the glucose test. That's how I was able to talk myself out of having the glucose test with my third baby. I had no presigns of GD. The glucose test makes me soooo sick as I have no tolerance for sugar while pg! Oddly I process sugars just fine according to the tests, but have no tolerance for them!

Laura

Old 02-02-10, 05:31 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

She may have said Creatine? She didn't elaborate on anything?
That strange that you can't tolerate the sugar. Sometimes I feel so gross that I will crave sugar. Once I take a sip of juice, or like a bit of anything sweet, I feel better.

Old 02-02-10, 06:22 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bleeding after an exam is normal.....and not fun! I have had that happen to me 3 times.
The others I never had issues with so I can't help you there.
I hope the bleeding stops soon for you and everything else get figured out!

Old 02-06-10, 02:20 AM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

ALOT of women get gestational diabetes so don't worry that its anything abnormal with you. Its just something that happens and needs to be monitored.

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools