Baby Corner

Old 08-23-06, 04:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Hi there! I'm Joy mother of two c-sections (ages 4 and 2). I am having another c-section in Dec with #3. With the first they induced labor but never dialated. Dr. felt I wouldn't be able to have him because he was too big. Boy were they wrong - 6 lbs 9 oz. Second was a scheduled c-section. Horrible recovery with first and great recovery with second. I'm hoping for another great one.

Old 08-23-06, 05:02 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I'm Karen - I had my first baby c-section and my second baby VBAC.

Sarah was a c-sect because I had preeclampsia (I hadn't even had one contraction) and my fluid was practically non-existant and then they found out that she was breech when they were about to induce me. So I got a c-section on the spot.

recovery was pretty miserable.

Old 08-23-06, 07:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Hi my name is Anna a mother of a 2 yr old daughter born c-section on July 4th. It was a long complicated pregnancy, at 18 weeks had a cerlage place then on bed rest from there on out. My water broke at 30 weeks and she was bearing down but first, had emergency c-section. healed nicely. She will be my only child due to medical reasons.

Old 08-23-06, 10:52 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 50.83%

Hi I am Melanie mommy to two c-section babies. My first my water broke I went to the hospital not dialated one tiny bit but contracting every 2-3 minutes (couldn't even feel them) After 8 hours of no dialating they put me on pitocin. I was on pitocin for 8 hours having seriously hard end of labor contractions and only dialated to a 1! I had been up for over 30 hours I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours, water broke as we were sitting down to dinner. And since it looked like there was no way I was going to progress within the 24 hour window we decided on the c-section. Had #2 scheduled and never went into labor. Initial recovery was a million times easier with #2 but after getting home and having my 3 year old climb on me and having to lift her and carry her around it was a bit tougher. I don't think we will have #3 but if we do it will also be a c-section

Old 08-23-06, 11:10 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Both of my boys were C-Sections.

I had Pregnancy Induced Hypertension during my first pregnancy, and they induced me a week early due to that. The labor didn't progress well, they knew he was BIG baby, he just wasn't "coming down" and I have what they call a Pronounced Arch in my birth canal. It took some convincing, but the OB finally talked me into the surgery after 1/2 a day of unfruitful labor. She told me that he could get STUCK coming out of me, and could break his hips, or other horrible things... anyways... (he WAS a big baby 9lb 10oz!)

I had another C-section 15 months later. I didn't have PIH, but the OB strongly recommended scheduling one since the same situation was likely to happen due to the pronounced arch thing and the probability that I'd have another big baby. (He was big too 8lbs 14oz.)

Recovery from my first C-section was okay, but not terrific. I was in pain in the hospital, and worse pain at home. I'll never forget pulling myself out of bed those first few nights to breastfeed... ouch.

Recovery from my second PLANNED C-section was sooooooo much better! Of course there was some pain involved, but I'd say it was maybe 60% of what the first one was like!! The recovery was shorter too.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools