Baby Corner

Old 05-18-12, 10:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 500%
Default Weight

I am so confused at this point.

I didn't find out I was pregnant for 2 months. I didn't have an eating disorder, but crazy eating habits. I weighed in at 270 lbs. I wouldn't eat for days at a time (not by choosing to starve, but I was insanely busy at work and would forget) and then I would eat terrible foods and way too many calories, because I felt like I was starving. It was a constant up and down. By time I stepped down from my management position and found out I was pregnant I had lost 30 lbs in two months.

I continued to lose another 20 lbs in the next two months, but now they have mostly creeped back. I am 29 weeks, and 238 lbs. I try to eat healthy. A lot of fruit, and veggies. Quite frankly, this is the most healthy I have ate in my life. I eat every day now (I make sure), take my vitamins, and I drink as much water as I can stand. I also drink tea, plain with no sugar, when I can't stand the taste of water. I don't excersise a lot because of pain, but I do as much walking as I can.

My doctor has flipped out as each one of my 20 lbs came back in the last 3 months. She recently had me make separate appointments with her two partners just in case I go into labor when one of they are on call instead of her. When I weighed in and had lost a pound the first of her partners that I saw was really concerned that I lost weight. He went as far as prescribing medication for my acid reflex just to make sure it isn't interfering with my intake. I had gained 2 lbs by time my check in with her second partner. He didn't care at all.

My personal feeling is that as long as my baby is healthy that's all that is important. I feel bad when my doctor gets on me about my weight, but I don't think I'm eating unhealthy. I don't eat a bunch of candy or pop. This really is the healthiest I have ever been. What do you guys think?

Old 05-21-12, 05:08 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm in Ohio, too!

Is Baby measuring at an appropriate growth rate? Are your blood pressure, glucose, and other health indicators within normal ranges? If so, then I think there's nothing to worry about. Sometimes doctors get freaked out about NUMBERS and forget to treat us as HUMANS.

I was about 220 when I got pregnant with our third child. By the time he was born, I was pushing 250 but my doc wasn't concerned, even though my blood pressure gets out of control at the ends of ALL of my pregancies. I settled in around 243 after he was born and have since lost 60 pounds to get myself in a healthier position, BUT--I tell you this to tell you that my OB didn't freak out about my weight. We kept an eye on it to make sure I didn't go and gain 60 pounds or something but as long as I was eating healthy foods and Baby was healthy, all was okay.

Welcome to The Baby Corner. I hope you'll stick around. We're a fun group of moms (and a few dads, too).

Old 05-21-12, 05:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 500%

That makes sense! All my tests have come back good and ZoŽ is the right size. The numbers vs humans thing, I have been thinking that and it is so relieving to have someone else agree.

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools