Baby Corner

Old 07-15-11, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default Ahhhh!!! Freaking out! Brady's peanut allergy

Eekkkkk...

So I had these fiber 1 brownies. They're chocolate peanut butter. The peanut chips are INSIDE the brownie. Tonight, Brady got ahold of the completely EMPTY wrapper and put it up by his face. Within 5 minutes he had a hive on his face!

Obviously he's pretty allergic. I think I need to find out more about how allergic he is, and get an epi-pen too, right?

I also feel so stupid for leaving the wrapper out.

I didn't even THINK about it.

Old 07-15-11, 08:51 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh no Jeanne! Do you think benadryl cream would help since it was just skin contact? Good luck getting it all figured out. Remember that just because we are moms we are still human- stop beating yourself up.

Old 07-15-11, 10:24 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

My docs always say to save the cream for skin irritations or bug bites. Hives need antihistamines orally.

Definitely don't beat yourself up. Nobody warns you about empty wrappers. That is a really rare accident. I'd bring the ingredients from the box to the allergist. Just in case it helps them out a bit figuring it all out.
Thank you Patience!
teddybear1082 (07-16-11)

Old 07-15-11, 11:10 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Scary, but at least you have good information.

Old 07-15-11, 11:35 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

At least you are learning about it sort of slowly instead of with emergency trips to the ER!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools