Baby Corner

Old 10-24-05, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%
Default Costumes/Halloween?

How do your kids do with the whole concept of Halloween?

This is the first year Jacob has wanted to "be something"- we dressed him up the first two years (before his second birthday) but after that he wanted nothing to do with it.

He's kind of gets what trick or treating is, but I'm not sure when the big day comes that we'll be able to get him into his costume and out T or T-ing. (Last year involved major tears/meltdown.)

Right now the plan is for him to be Zorro (I'm guessing he picked that up from the movie promos that are on TV)- we've got black jeans, a white button down and we're making a homemade cape and mask (that can be worn under his glasses). If that falls through- we have a back up of sweat pants and a football jersey. We're planning on hitting 10 or so houses in the neighborhood (there's a 60% chance of rain anyway) then over to the grandparents for pictures and treats (non-candy from them thankfully).

Old 10-25-05, 10:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Zachary loved it last year. I pushed him in his stroller and he got his candy. I think he ate a lollypop the whole time. He is going to be a Vampire this year. He refuses anything on his head so I always have to find a costume that doesn't require a hat or mask. He is blonde and we are painting his hair black and combing it straight back. It should be funny! I will take pics and post them after we trick or treat.

Old 10-26-05, 07:28 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I love the holidays but we have some issues with Skye when it comes to them. She can get overwhelmed by all the people. I got her a dora costume that she loves and will wear all the time and she even puts on TJs costume (boots the monkey) Skye has many food issues and doesn't eat candy but we're still going to try going trick or treating but I won't be surprised to see tantrums/meltdowns but I'm prepared for it. We're only going to do our block and see how she does and we'll hand out candy.

Old 10-26-05, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I love the Dora/Boots costumes! Abby is a MAJOR Dora Nut!

(bet you couldn't tell that by my avatar

)

Old 10-27-05, 08:29 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Latest Articles
Sympathetic to a Fault? Fathers Who Experience Pregnancy Symptoms
Some expectant fathers experience pregnancy symptoms similar to their pregnant wives. As men become more involved during pregnancy and in parenthood, Couvade syndrome is becoming more common.

PCOS: Lifestyle Changes to Boost Fertility
While PCOS can cause infertility, there are a few things a woman can do to increase her changes of becoming pregnant, including lifestyle changes. Here are a few things you can do.

Winter Babies Crawl Sooner
Does the season affect when your baby will start to crawl? According to this study, winter babies crawl sooner than summer babies.

Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools