Baby Corner

Old 07-01-10, 02:47 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 21.22%
Default Interactive Metronome

Peyton goes tomorrow to the center that told us about the APD and VPD and they want to do this test on him. Its pretty basic she said. What they will do is put headphones on him and a sensor on his had. He will hear a loud beep(one you could hear, even if you had hearing issues) and he has to clap. What it will tell us is how long it takes his brain to process the sounds he heard. We will get the results immediately. I will share with you the findings tomorrow if I have time. Its the day before his party so I will be busy with baking and family coming to town. Here is the website also. If you have experience with this let me know how you liked it.

Old 07-01-10, 03:34 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

That is my kind of test. Definitive, not painful and instant results. :-)

Hope everything goes really well.
Thank you Patience!
Keepers (07-01-10)

Old 07-02-10, 01:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hope it went well. Lexy had this test done at 18 months, and she did great! Its super easy!
Thank you onemellogirl!
Keepers (07-02-10)

Old 07-03-10, 12:54 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 21.22%

Well I have a second now...He took this test today and well the results are anything, but good. They score you on how fast you respond to the sound. They have average and above, below, severe and extreme, extreme being the worse. Well Peyton was in the Extreme range. She said that confirmed the APD. So now they will also be incorporating this test into his therapy. She said we will notice his score rising over time.
Talk to yall later.

Old 08-15-10, 12:16 AM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 21.22%

I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this, I'm so far behind with everything going on with our gang these days. Are you looking at Central Auditory Processing Disorder or something on that specturm? My too oldest carry that APD dx's, took forever to get definative dx's and I have a ton of resources. Shoot me and PM or snag me on FB.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools