Baby Corner

Old 10-16-04, 06:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default 2 years

Well, ladies, this month it's officially 2 years of TTC. I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that this is just not likely to happen naturally (it sucks, but after 2 years, if it was going to happen it really would have happened by now). I'm finding I'm concentrating on other things - work, marriage, stuff like that - things that I can actually succeed in by working hard, making an effort, that kind of thing. TTC is such a game of chance, and I hate to live my life waiting for my chance to come up.

So I guess I'm taking a bit of a mental break from it all - we're still trying, I'm still charting (not religiously or anything, but I've got kind of addicted to it - I love knowing when AF is due, with the unpredictable cycles I have it's kind of nice). But just mentally I know it can't be in the forefront of my thinking as it has been for the last 2 years. I can't waste my life wishing for something that doesn't come by wishing.

So.... that kind of explains why I've been around here less, and why I couldn't mod the TTC general board any more. I'm not leaving altogether though cos I'd miss you all too much

Old 10-16-04, 07:31 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

Old 10-16-04, 10:33 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

oh sweetie, it's two years in april for me. I can't believe it's been that long. sucks doesn't it?? I'm right there with you with working on other things like marriage etc. and it's been good, but hard. unfortunately, pg people continue to exist.

no one hate me for that comment but it's true. you are one incredible lady Christine and never forget it. We'll get our children. I know we will. I have a docs appointment Monday to see what we should do with dh's low count. ugh. I wish we didn't have to go at all.

You're in my thoughts dear one, hang in there. We're all there with you....

Old 10-17-04, 10:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am glad you are sticking around, we would miss you too. I am glad to hear though that you are trying to concentrate on other things, sometimes that is a very hard thing to decide to do after TTC. I wish you the best, Cat, and please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Old 10-18-04, 12:40 PM
~ Adelaide ~

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Christine. I'm usually not on this Board, but I'm familiar with you.

I guess I pay more attention because we're both Canadian, and I believe you're from BC too. I have a 2 year old daughter. But I'd like to let you know that I was off the pills for almost 5 years before I got pregnant with her. I wasn't married, and I pushed infertility to the back of my mind, even though I was worried about it. Now, I never charted. Had no clue. When I finally got pregnant, it was like a relief to me and I was crying to my doctor about why it happened 5 years later. And she told me that we just happened to hit it at the right time. To me, it was just crazy how with all the times we did it during that 5 years (and we were like bunnies in the beginning), that not once did I get pregnant!!! I guess it comes more easily to others.

So...I just wanted to let you know that it COULD happen. I hope you will be blessed very soon

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools