Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Acne like a teenager - any solutions???

Acne like a teenager - any solutions???

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-12-08, 02:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Acne like a teenager - any solutions???

Hi everyone!

Well, another symptom has showed up...teenage-like acne. The painful, under-the-skin kind.

I would love to hear what others do to help with preventing and treating it. Thanks!

JM

Old 06-13-08, 04:42 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Hi JM,

You know I had 'teenage acne' until I was 33, and so I know exactly how confidence zapping and painful it is.

I tried all the usual 'acne' brands and found that all they did was completely dry up my skin and make it produce more oil, which produced more acne.

I started drinking more water which helped a lot, but not enough to stop it completely.

Then one day I found this product 'Avalon Organics - Lavender Moisturising Milk (you can find out info about it here

) literally stopped it within days. At night I wet my face, massage in the lotion, and then use a clean wash-cloth to remove the lotion and my make up. I use it then dry it out then wash it in the washing machine, I use a freshly laundered cloth every time I wash my face). The cloth is good for gently exfoliating my skin.

The lotion removes all my make up, and it's very gentle, and all the healing essential oils in it just heal and calm my skin. I can't recommend it highly enough. You can find it in some health-food shops, or there's loads of places where you can buy it online, and you can even get it on eBay.

I also wanted to add that I only apply moisturisers/lotions at night, I use a good oil-free night cream. I do very little in the morning, as I found that if I did my skin produced more oil and then lots more acne.

It's taken me years to understand my skin, and learn how to beat the acne, but now I have the skin that I've always dreamt of, and now I can worry about my wrinkles instead!!!

Feel free to email or PM me if you have any other questions. I wish you lots of luck

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools