Baby Corner

Old 01-04-08, 01:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Smile Advice for the new girl?

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to conceive with my partner for just under a year now and I have a few questions and things that I would really appreciate others opinions on so, here it goes.

4 years ago I fell pregnant by accident and my boyfriend at the time made me have an abortion. I deeply regretted it as soon as it was over but I was young and felt so pressured into it and had no support and was too much of a coward to say no. I have learnt to live with it and have moved on and am hoping that it has not affected my chance to have children.

For the last almost year my partner and I have been trying to get pregnant. Since the abortion I took the time to get to know my body properly and have payed a lot of attention to ovulation and menstrual cycles in order to avoid being in the previous situation again and also to help with conception when I decided that I was ready to try again.

So, my last period started on the 11th december 2007. I then ovulated around about the 24th. Yesterday I noticed a slight brown / pink discharge which seems to carry all the signs of implantation bleeding. I have had a very mild ache in my back, similar to when I have a period but nowhere near as bad and I don't seem to have the usual spots on my face that I always get aroud the time of my period. I have been more tired recently than I normally am and have been feeling light headed on a few occasions.

I know it is very hard to say that I am or am not pregnant without doing a test however I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar to this and then go on to sucessfully be pregnant? Or whether I am just over analysing the things that have always been there?

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Thanks,

Rach. x

Old 01-04-08, 02:29 PM
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys

Thanked 87 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Could be it. I would get a test and take it. Go over to the TWW board those girls my be able to help to. I didn't have any inplantation bleeding but some do.

Old 01-04-08, 05:37 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

You're 11 days past ovulation--it's probably okay to start testing.

Old 01-05-08, 07:58 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Hi Rach,

Welcome to TBC! Having not had more than a very feint line on a couple of HPT's I can't really offer much help, but agree with the other ladies in that the best way to know is to test with an HPT that picks up a lower level of hCG in your urine. I'm in the UK, so wouldn't be able to suggest some US brands that you could try, but I'm sure that the other ladies here could offer you some help.

Wishing you lots of luck with TTC, and we hope to hear some "positive" news very soon

Old 01-07-08, 11:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Not this time. I took a test, it was negative and I have come on very heavily today.

Looks like we will have to keep trying...not that he is complaining mind you!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools