Baby Corner

Old 11-06-15, 12:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 41.67%
Default Advice please!

Hi!! I need help my period an ovulation is usually right on time I had surgury almost 3months ago an only had 1 period I'm trying to become pregnant !! I ovulated yesterday an have been having plenty of sex up to that day an yesterday 11/5 as well after sex yesterday morning I had some slight bleeding which stopped right after but this morning 11/6 I started what seems to be a period in so confused !!;( could I still be pregnant ? My cycles are very short as well usually oy a max of 5 days an it seems I usually ovulate very close to the 1st day of my period I've always had pain with ovulation an the clear slim like discharge sometimes a cpl days before right up to the day before my period ?! I'm stuck an really need help an advice !!!

Old 11-07-15, 11:16 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 16.67%

You need to confirm that you are indeed ovulating. You can do this 1 of 2 ways. You can buy the clear blue easy ovulation predictor strips which give you a smiley face when you are ovulating OR go to the doctor and have them test you. *Thinking* that you ovulate bc of pain and discharge isn't reliable enough to confirm your ovulation. Also, your periods are super weird, which will make getting pregnant very hard. I am 31 weeks pregnant with my first. The only way I was able to get pregnant was with 4 cycles of clomid, the clear blue easy ovulation strips, artificial insemination, and progesterone suppositories. I am 33 years old, and *thought* I ovulated bc I had discharge but my periods were all weird and the docs confirmed I was not ovulating on my own. The fact that you ovulate so close to your period means you are progesterone deficient. This will make getting pregnant VERY hard for you. I was not able to get pregnant without progesterone suppositories. My advice: Go to the doctor. I think you will need some testing and some help getting pregnant.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools