Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Ahhh- It feels So Good To Release With Others Who Have Walked This Path!

Ahhh- It feels So Good To Release With Others Who Have Walked This Path!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-13-06, 12:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Ahhh- It feels So Good To Release With Others Who Have Walked This Path!

There's so much I want to say, I feel as those I'm just a blubering fool because I can't get it all out...for the first time I want to break down and cry- because YOU know and can relate to me. I want to tell everyone my story...I want to hear your story...I want to know your pain...I want to feel your joy. My husband and I don't have to be the only people going through this. I want your support and I want to support you!

If you've been TTC for over a year, you know of the emotional up's and down's (or maybe all down's) that this journey has lead you to.

My husband and I have been TTC for 27 months. We were pregnant a little over a year ago and lost our first baby when I was 2 1/2 months along.

This was tremedously difficult. I'm sure that we were'nt the only ones to hear "well, it's not like you were that far along or anything." Those words spice your heart.

I want to know this:
Just exactly HOW many weeks/months pregnant- when she loses a baby- does a women need to be in order for people to recognize that there was a loss? I want to know. Because losing our baby then was just as real to us as losing a baby at 16, 20, 30 or 40 weeks along.

To us, we morned a true loss- in other people's eye's they didn't understand why we were so sad.

And then there were those who wouldn't talk to us about it. The whole situation was as if it never happend. Infact, it was almost as if people stayed away from us for a little bit because they didn't know how to handle it. I didn't get that. I wanted to talk to someone...my husband needed to talk to someone...we both needed to talk to someone other than each other.

Our baby was planned; we had tried for over a year. I'm certain there are those who have experienced the dissapointment every month and then to find out your finally pregnant- it's thrilling. This was not an "oops" pregnancy. It was amazing because it was like running a race that kept going and going, we were getting a little tired and our muscles were getting sore...and then getting pregnant was like being able to see the finish line...and then come to find that it was gone.

Well, it certainly can take the wind right out of your sail.

I am hoping to learn from the other women here. Together we can be strong.

Sisters, take my hand and lets walk together down the path.

Old 07-13-06, 12:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Aeb..ive never had a miscarraige but i have seen the affects of it. My mother and my sister. They still greive over their losses and noone has any right to say something like that to anyone! Doesnt matter if your are just a couple of days or a full term...its still a child and not just any child its your child!! Im sorry that you have to deal with people like that and show no support towards your losses. Hopefully you will get enough support here and from your DH (who i might say has been an excellent man for doing everything that he has for you and staying strong through yall's problems). Good Luck TTC and I'll be keeping my

for you!!

Old 07-13-06, 12:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

DH and I have been trying off and on for over a yr...with no luck. Hopefully that will change soon for us and for all of yall.

Old 07-13-06, 01:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi aeb,

I'm Rachel and we have been trying for 3 years. We had a miscarriage last july and I dont talk about it at all. I took my time to grieve but then it was time to move on. I was very early. That is not to downplay your situation at all. I am very very sorry for your loss and will gladly hold your hand and walk this path with you. We will get there.

In the week that I have been posting on TBC I have come to find alot of wonderful women.

This is the place I would love to share my support.

Old 07-13-06, 01:05 PM
is just one of those weird girls.
A work in progress

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools