Old 09-07-05, 12:22 PM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking It all happened so fast!

I'M A MOM!

Nathaniel Dean was born Friday, September 2 at 11:32 p.m.
He was brought into our home Monday, September 5 at 7:00 p.m.!

It all happened so fast, I still can't believe it. We got a call from our attorney on Thursday saying that he knew of a birth mother who was being induced on Friday. He asked if we wanted to be presented to her and we said "yes." Of course there were some issues we needed to know about: She is in rehab for meth, she had been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, and she is 1/8 Cherokee Indian. We thought long and hard about it and decided that we wanted to be presented anyway.

Our attorney called us Sun. to tell us that she wanted to meet us so we went to the hospital. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and held the baby the entire time. The doctors said that he is perfectly healthy (no sign of drug exposure), but we can't do the Hep C test until he's 6 months old (we're not all too concerned about that anyway). She signed consent yesterday morning, now all we need to do is worry about the birth father and the Cherokee thing. There are 2 possible birth fathers; one has already signed and the other was a one-night stand. As for the Cherokee thing, I think we have to ask permission from the tribe to adopt the baby. I'm hoping it won't be an issue since BM never belonged to a tribe or lived on the reservation and neither did her parents.

This is all so exciting and frightening at the same time. After all we've been through, I'd hate for this to not work out either (especially since he's in our home and we're loving him to death). I'm trying not to think about it, but to be honest I'm scared to death about losing him (but that hasn't stopped me from giving him all the love he deserves).

So please say a prayer and/or keep your fingers crossed that everything else works out so that we can finalize this adoption and have our beautiful little boy FOREVER!!

Old 09-07-05, 01:14 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Steph I am in tears. Your little baby is so cute!!! He looks like nothing short of a doll. You have struggled so hard, but kept fighting for this day. I am honored to know you, and am inspired by your determination to never stop till you had found your miracle. You did it! I am beyond thrilled to say Congratulations Mom.

Old 09-07-05, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Steph I am so thrilled for you. He is absolutely adorable. Wow you've been through so much and this is such great news.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well for the rest of the process.

Old 09-07-05, 01:27 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is the most wonderful news I've heard in a while!!! Congratulations on the birth of a beautiful little boy!!! I am soooo happy for you!!

I wil keep my fingers crossed that the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Old 09-07-05, 01:42 PM
Mommy first and foremost

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You gave me a reason to smile. Congratulations!!!

Sue
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools