Baby Corner

Old 08-18-06, 12:09 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Im not an expert either but It looks like your ovulation day is early and I see that you had some spotting the day after it, and then your temp went down but it's still over the coverline so that's a good sign. By the looks of your other chart it does look like your ovulating but your cycles my be off track.

Last edited by imagine; 08-18-06 at 08:34 PM.

Old 08-18-06, 04:34 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I think it's very important to chart temps and CF throughout the cycle. It's tough to say what the normal range is for your cycle, because you're missing several days early in the cycle.

Also, I found that my first two months of charts were pretty erratic. I wasn't in the swing of taking my temp at the same time every day, and after having four hours of uninterrupted sleep. My third month of charting, I learned that it was best to temp at 4am when I woke up to pee, even though that wasn't the time I got up for the day. Once I discovered this pattern, my charts made more sense and were more consistent. Looking at your charts, it looks like you have a lot of big swings, which leads me to believe you're still getting the hang of temping.

I also prefer charting on paper and using the FAM techniques in Taking Charge of Your Fertility to interpret O date and luteal phase. I find the Fertility Friend software, while roughly accurate, can move you O date around because of slight irregularities. FAM techniques allow you to use the rule of thumb to exclude certain temperatures that don't fit the rest of the pattern. With FAM techniques, for example, I would put your O date for your cycle beginning 7/10 on CD14, not CD19. The rule of thumb allows you to exclude CD16 and CD19 as outlying temps, which makes your luteal phase more logical and the two cycles a bit more consistent. If you read TCOYF, you'll find that some women have one or two dips right after ovulation, before their temps go back up above the coverline.

My recommendations:
- Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. This book will make everything clear to you and will help you interpret your charts more accurately
- Chart every day, not just near ovulation, so you understand your monthly cycle pattern from start to finish
- Pay attention to your sleep patterns so you take your temperature at a time that gives you a consistent reading. You should be getting at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before temping in the morning. If you have a bad night, and that's not possible, record the temp with a notation that you didn't get a good night's sleep. That way, you can automatically dismiss that temp if it's an outlyer.

Good luck to you. I found FAM and charting gave me information and peace of mind while I was TTC. I also wasted fewer pregnancy tests, since I knew what my maximum luteal phase was, and wouldn't test unless my temp stayed up at least one day longer than that.

Edited to add - Here's an example of a FF chart that put my O date in the wrong place. By FAM techniques, O day was CD14, not CD10, and you can see that I had several days of creamy CF around CD14.

Here's another chart that shows the type of more consistent pattern you're trying to identify.

Hope this info helps!

Last edited by rudolphia; 08-18-06 at 04:42 PM.

Old 08-23-06, 07:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for all the responses !
I do chart on paper as well, and at MMC and BM.
July I started charting late (as you can tell) but I did learn to temp by a schedule (630-640 am usually). I always get at least 6 hours of sleep too.
I have a DR appt in sept....and plan to bring my charts.
CM is an issue - cannot find it ever changing consistency - just quantity....and forget trying to find my CP - hubby did that for me....lol.
Thanks again

Old 08-23-06, 08:53 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Marie, maybe you should try picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility from the library. They have pictures and detailed descriptions of how to tell the difference between different quality CF. The differences also correlate to vaginal sensation. For example, creamy, lotiony and eggwhite CF correlate to a slippery, wet or "humid" sensation, like you're sliding around in your underwear (TMI sorry). Sticky feels more like you're sticking to the moisture in your underwear; when you have some between your fingers, they feel tacky and don't glide smoothly against each other. I had a hard time telling the difference too until I concentrated on these characteristics. I would definitely take your charts in to the doctor and see what he thinks too.

Old 08-23-06, 09:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Just a thought, but if your CM truely is not changing consistancy, it could be a sign of annovulatory cycles. I don't ovulate without meds, and when I charted prior to this discovery, my CM never really changed, or I'd get a wierd pattern if it did, like EW CM in multiple places. Usually, it was just creamy or lotiony and never changed. My temps were also all over the place. Should be interesting to see what your doc thinks.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools