Baby Corner

Old 06-26-11, 11:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Question Any Thoughts?

I just started ttc. I stopped taking BC last month, just before AF week. AF came on time, had pap the week after. Talked to my doctor she suggested to start taking vitamins. She also guestimated my ovulation to be the first week of June and said i had an 85% chance of getting pregnant if we timed it right. I have been on BC for 9 years. Have researched online to see how long the normal time is for BC to be in my body after i quit, from the sound of it, it could be dissipated immediately no matter how long a person is on it. I have yet to have AF this month. If everything stayed on the same track it should have come the week of the 13th. No sign of it, except for the normal symptoms i would usually have before it starts, they were there for a week then disappeared. I don't really feel any different although, my back hurts a lot lately (lower as opposed to upper which i normal for me). I havent been sleeping well and get irritated easily. Unfortunately, all of the above could be from the fact i am working so much. I have taken a couple tests and all came out negative, although after doing research on that as well there are many times when the hormone levels are so low they can't be read for quite some time. There are also times women haven't gotten their period for months after they go off birth control. So although i am perfectly happy with not having AF for as long as it chooses to be absent, i really would like to know if i am pregnant or not. Since i can't try again until after AF. So my question is should i keep waiting? Today marks 2 weeks, maybe i tested too early? Guess this is where patience would come in. The other option would be to go in and have a blood test done. Sorry so long winded. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-27-11, 04:27 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Hi Kit, these boards slow down the 1st few weeks of summer so I'm guessing that is why nobody has posted back yet! I have no real advice except be patient, as hard as that is!

I think being on the pill can affect your cycles for a few months (even though they say it doesn't - but every body is different) so that could be the reason for no AF. Somewhere there is a post with info on which HPT's are more sensitive. Its possible you ovulated later than you thought which may make a less sensitive test not show up +++ .You can use the search feature on the top of the page if nobody else chimes in here.

Hoping you are pregnant and have a healthy 9 months!

Last edited by 2babygirls; 06-27-11 at 04:29 PM.

Old 07-26-11, 03:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 21.22%

Kit, I was told that after going off of birth control it can take between 3-6 months to get the body regulated again. Like 2babygirls said everyone is different, so there is no definite answer. I know it is a month since your post, so I am hoping you have your BFP by now, but if not just keep trying!

Old 07-26-11, 07:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default No such luck

So AF showed up the day after my post, go figure. Before i started bc i was pretty irratic sometimes going 6 or 7 weeks in between. Wondering if maybe i will be going back to that since i am off the pill. Anyhow, figured if we just went with things maybe if i am not so focused on it, it will happen faster and be less disappointing if it takes a little longer. Thanks!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools