Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Anyone conceived who have odd cycles and temps?

Anyone conceived who have odd cycles and temps?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-23-06, 06:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Anyone conceived who have odd cycles and temps?

Hi! I have crazy cycles where I skip periods two months at a time. Also my BBT chart is crazy. I have a few dips here and there, but I don't have any (or many) high temps. Most of the time it's completely flatline at 96.8 or 97.0 degrees. Has anyone else experienced this and still conceived? If you have, how long did it take? Please help give me some hope!

Can you have weird temp readings, but still be ovulating?

Old 06-23-06, 08:50 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Hi!! well I have the crazy temps but have never conceived. I have heard of many others that have conceived with crazy temps. Are you using a BBT Thermometer? And are you doing the temps at the same time every morning, as soon as you wake up, and before you get out of bed? all these factors can cause erratic temps.

Old 06-23-06, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 38.75%

Do you use fertility friend? Could you link us to your chart?

Old 06-24-06, 09:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Have u ever used OPK's to see when u might be Oing? When u temp it doesn't really tell u when ur gonna O it just tells ya after ya O and if u have crazy cycles and temps then maybe u should try OPK or a fertility monitor...I know OPKs can get expensive but I always got mine at the Dollar Tree so they didn't cost too too much! From what I have read if sometimes ur skipping af and ur not really having a temp rise then maybe u have annovulatory cycles where u don't O...have u been to a dr? If u are having an annovulatory cycle then sometimes they can start ya on some meds to help ya O...Good luck to ya hun! I hope u get a BFP soon!

Old 06-27-06, 01:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Thanks all! I have not tried the OPKs since I have no clue when to test and you guessed it already.. they're expensive. So I'd be taking a stab in the dark at when to test. I guess I could try though. I've been to the dr, but even though I told her there's no clear pattern to my cycles, she still wants me to keep track of my periods for 3 mos to see if there is. Hopefully I GET one in those 3 mos.

Anyway.. here's my chart.

You'll see that I didn't start at day 1 because I was tired of waiting for my period (which still isn't here btw). I kept a paper chart before that, but don't have it anymore. In any case, it looked much like that. I've since stopped charting because I got frustrated that it didn't change much. As for my technique, I tried to do it exactly as everyone says.. same time every AM before so much as opening my eyes.. same thermometer etc.

Thanks for your support and any advice you have!! Good advice on Dollar Tree too!

Latest Articles
What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

Throw The Perfect Toddler Halloween Party
Want to have fun this Halloween with your Toddler? Throw a party! Here are some tips for throwing the perfect toddler Halloween party.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools