Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Anyone else taking a baby aspirin?

Anyone else taking a baby aspirin?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-29-04, 11:04 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 87.14%
Default Anyone else taking a baby aspirin?

I am taking a baby aspirin every day, I was instructed to do this by my perinatologist because of recurrent pg loss. Anyway I was wondering if any of you are doing this and if you are have you noticed that your AF is a lot heavier? I used to be able to wear a regular tampon for up to like 4 hours on my heaviest days, now I have to wear a super and change them at least every 2 hours (I teach and can't get to the bathroom sooner than that), and they are soaked and sometimes I am leaking. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with the aspirin.

Old 09-30-04, 12:08 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Yes yes yes. My periods were horrendous on baby aspirin. No cramps, just had to wear a heavy duty pad and a tampon. It was awful. I would cancel appointments because of it. I have since stopped taking it for a few months and am back to semi-normal. Though we are TTC so I a may start up again.

I would just check in with your doc though to double check. Mine said it was a combo of the aspirin and my wacky hormones.

Good luck to you. Hopefully those periods stop soon and stay stopped for 9+ months.

Old 09-30-04, 12:11 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I haven't ever taken it, but aspirin thins the blood so it makes complete sense that you would have heavier bleeding. Is it possible to only take the aspirin once you actually become pregnant, or do you have to take it all the time?

Old 10-01-04, 09:49 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

Through my testing for RPL I was found to have something that is related also to heart attack and stroke, so I have to take a baby aspirin a day and 4mgs (RDA is 400 mcg) of folic acid a day while TTC and while pg.

Old 10-06-04, 07:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I started taking 1 baby aspirin a day about three months ago .... and my period has been terrible... VERY heavy and very painful. I am going to keep taking it for another few months though... I'd rather suffer the pain if it helps with TTC.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools