Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive apologies for not being around lately..

apologies for not being around lately..

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-12-06, 06:05 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default apologies for not being around lately..

I know I told you before that I was waiting on surgery for my back well it happened a lot quicker than I thought. I was due to see the neurosurgeon on the 19th December but three weeks ago today I was rushed to hospital by DH and my fabulous new GP who were very concerned about me. Basically I had lost the feeling in my legs couldn't pass urine and was just so depressed that I was crying constantly. Anyway to cut a long story short I went to the local hospital's A & E (your ER) which is such a horrible place to be because its just full of people waiting hours to be seen by a doctor but I was rushed in and after seeing three different doctors (the first cow told me there was nothing she could do but would check with the neurosurgeon just in case). They were concerned that I couldn't pass urine which is a major problem so I was admitted and rushed to surgery. I woke up to feeling in my legs and basically feeling great (apart from the surgery and the site of the operation). It was a huge success and everyone is delighted. I am going back to work on the 2nd January and the only reminder I have now is a five inch scar on my back but I don't care.

I am only now getting online so forgive me if I missed something special. Its not that I was lying around eating grapes or anyything

but we got a new fur baby .. Holly

she is 13 weeks and so gorgeous but such a handful. Poor Jack doesn't know what hit him and is still adjusting to this crazy little thing who chews everything, bites everything and everyone and poos everywhere. She is such hard work. Seriously I don't know how ladies cope with babies the pup is hard work for me

I am trying to figure out how to get a pic uploaded because we need a new camera (which we can't afford until I go back to work) and I have the pics on my camera phone but I will find a way don't worry,

Also I have completely missed the post to send cards so I'm very sorry...I really wasn't thinking of xmas at all and was still a bit down after the surgery (which doc said was due to all the meds I was on and coming off them quickly can mess up your body) and just the last day or two realised its so soon . So I apologise for not sending cards and want to wish you all a very merry christmas and happy 2007.

Old 12-12-06, 10:52 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Therese it is so good to hear from you! Wow I am so thankful that someone finally helped you! It sounds like your surgery went wonderful. I am so happy to hear you are doing much better with a different kind of smile.

Congratulations on your new puppy! How fun is that. I can not wait to see some picture. Bryan wants a puppy and I keep telling him no because Kitty who is 9 still wakes us up at night.

What kind of dog is your new little girl? What's her name?

Don't feel bad about not checking in you were busy! I am just thrilled your surgery went great and finally someone helped you. I don't know how they expected you to live like you were!

Welcome back Therese. ((((hugs))))

Old 12-19-06, 05:16 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thank you susanne

feeling better day by day now. Our puppy is called Holly and is a minature Yorkshire Terrier like our first first baby Jack. She is a handful but a wonderful addition and we are in love with her. Jack is not so sure though :LOL:

Old 12-19-06, 10:20 AM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Therese, I had been wondering where you were. While I'm sorry you had such a rough time, I'm so glad to hear that you are all fixed up and feeling more yourself. I know your back has been hurting you for quite some time now.

Don't worry about silly things like cards - rest up and enjoy your Christmas and your new furbaby.

Love ya lots.

Old 12-19-06, 12:23 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

OMG hon! What a shock! Why does it always take an emergency to get anything done??!! Oh and I know what you mean about A&E, luckily for me whenever I've been there I've also been rushed in to be seen!

Well I'm so glad that every thing's sorted and that you're so much better - now you can relax for until the new year, knowing that everything is getting better and better!

So glad to hear your better news and about your new fur-baby! How sweet is that. Can't wait to see a photo! If you can take one on your mobile phone you can always text it to me and I'll upload it here for you? my mobile number's +44 7980 570 182 if that's any help?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools