Baby Corner

Old 03-15-06, 10:19 AM
Trying for #4

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default A bit embarrassing

I'm not sure I should be posting this, but I was hoping you ladies could give me some advice before we have to take this matter to a doctor.

My husband is 32 (almost 33), overweight (but not obese), with high cholesterol. If we have sex more often than every 2-3 days, he cannot maintain an erection. He has no problem getting one, it just doesn't last long enough for him to finish. This is making it hard for us to time BD'ing with O'ing, as our work schedules also conflict sometimes. So we're afraid that we're missing my most fertile time. If we wait a couple of days or more he's fine, but we're afraid that might be too far in between times to make sure we catch that egg. Could it be his weight or his cholesterol? We've tried a variety of things, different positions, etc. He definitely finds me attractive, so I know that's not the problem. He's usually in the mood far more often than I am, though I have a pretty high libido myself so I really don't think it's a psychological issue with attraction or anything like that. We've talked about seeing a doctor, especially because we both know that this can indicate a health problem, but I know he's embarrassed by it. Has anyone here experienced this with their hubbies? Is there anything we can do besides see a doctor about it?

Old 03-15-06, 11:28 AM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

I've not experienced it, but having sex every 2-3 days can be just fine and sometimes even ideal. Both of my kids were conceived without having sex on the day of ovulation. One was two days before and the other one or two days.

Actually, my daughter was conceived during a month we only had sex once.

It was just a bad month with work schedules, vacations, etc.

You do need to have a good idea when you ovulate though. I'd suggest either temping and following your cycle, or using OPKs to get your timing just right.

Good luck!

Old 03-15-06, 01:04 PM
Trying for #4

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Well, about conception anyway. I've told hubby that he really still should talk to a doctor about it, as I know something like that can sometimes be a symptom of a serious health problem.

Thanks for the chin up!

Old 03-15-06, 01:38 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Hi there, I agree with Amy 2-3 days is fine. Sperm can live in fertile cervical mucus for a few days.

However I would see a Dr about the erectile dysfunction, as it can be as a result of cholersterol probs and being overweight.

Old 03-15-06, 03:29 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

2-3 days is fine--and I'd see a doc, too. You don't want his issues to continue even past TTC, right? I'd head to a doc. It might be a little embarrassing for him, but I assure both of you that any good doc has seen this a hundred times before you two would walk into the office.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools