Baby Corner

Old 01-10-05, 06:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%
Default Cat

Hoping your appt went well today. (Although with the time difference between the Uk and Canada you probby have yet to have it) Thinking of you.

Old 01-10-05, 10:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Thanks for thinking about me Celia!

I think it was a good appointment - the doctor put me on Clomid and I'll be having an IUI this month.

I brought up a bunch of questions about Clomid that he answered quite straightforwardly... although the fact that he said "You only get 2 follicles on Clomid" - which I'm pretty sure isn't always true - anyone got anything to tell me about that? - made me a little dubious. Also, the fact that no-one has found any evidence at all that I'm not ovulating really makes me dubious about the need for clomid!

Still, we're both excited at the possibility of this working. I know it's dumb to get my hopes up - but it's so long since I've felt there was any reason to be hopeful, it feels so good now to allow myself to be a little bit excited and think about being pg!

So I just took my first 2 pills - I'm on 100mg daily. I think I remember someone saying that it's best to take them at night, so as to have less side effects. I've got to do OPKs and let them know when I get the surge so that I can go in the next day for the IUI.

If anyone has any wisdom or advice for me, I'd be very grateful!

Old 01-11-05, 05:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I'm so glad to hear it went well!! Really exciting that you get to have your first IUI this month! And I know exactly what you mean about feeling hope for the first time in months. Not dumb at all!! I hope you can enjoy them a little

Maybe it's the dose you're on that makes him say there will only be two eggs? Will they give you a scan to check how many follicles are developing? I love seeing my scans. (My clinic has a tv screen for me to look at & are great at telling me *what* it is I'm looking at - I'm v. nosy like that

Plus it helps distract you from the discomfort of it all)

If you find yourself getting hot flushes I suggest avoiding polo-necks and trying to keep to v-necks/blouses/layers you can quickly peel off.

Old 01-11-05, 09:41 AM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Christine, I took the clomid at night.

If you find they really bother you, ask about trying letrozole next month, they work the same but with less side effects and it's not supposed to thin your lining like clomid does.

Is your cycle going to be monitored? It's fun to see your little eggies growing in there and hoping one will end up being your precious little gift from God.

Best of luck!

Old 01-11-05, 04:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Thanks for your replies

so far so good - I'm not cranky or having hot flashes although I am wearing layers (it's pretty cold here at the moment - don't laugh Erin, I'm sure it's nothing compared to Ontario, but I am definitely not giving up my woolly jumper).

The cycle won't be monitored - it all goes by OPK. I don't know whether they use an ultrasound during the IUI to check that they are in the right place, though? I'd love to see that - I'm like you Celia, I love to see what is going on.

DH and I had a chat about whether it was dumb to get our hopes up, and decided that even if it means being really disappointed at the end of the cycle, we need to just enjoy the hope and excitement of this - it's the only hope and excitement we've had about the whole TTC things in months and months, and even if it's short-lived it's worth experiencing it. Sometimes I think it's better even to feel really sad than to allow yourself to feel nothing at all. Sorry to get all philosophical there! Thanks for all your support, ladies

Post Reply Post New Topic  

« So?... | Leanne »

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools