Baby Corner

Old 12-13-05, 09:35 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%
Default Christmas...

... how's everyone feeling about Christmas this year?

Have you done all your shopping? Made your plans where to eat your Chrimbo dinner?

Go on spill the beans!

Us, well I was very organised and did nearly all my Xmas shopping on-line in November, so that I avoided the shops. But as usual my Mum and Nanny (Grandma) have only just told me what they want and you can't buy it on-line, so now I have to endure the nightmare that is Xmas shopping in town, and face the hoards of kids - thanks Mum! NOT!

For Xmas dinner we're going to my SIL's with her family, my MIL, step-FIL and Gran-in-Law - they are all really lovely. At some point in the day I'll have to break away from the fun and laughter to go see my parents and Nanny who sit watching TV all day and sleep - Hmmm GREAT!

For me I just wanna get Xmas outta the way, just a reminder of another year without children - in any-case we're counting down to the end of Jan when we see our 'bestest-buddies' Susanne and Bryan - ah - I feel happy just thinking about that!

Christmas??? Bah Humbug!

Old 12-17-05, 12:31 AM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Talking Christmas

We're having Christmas at our house this year. Since all DH's family are smokers, I don't want to go to their houses. I'm making kalua pork (a Hawaiian dish). It's made in a crock pot the night before, so I won't have to do much work at all.

I got all my shopping done (for the most part). I just need to buy a few more small gifts for DH and DS. We're not spending a lot this year since we spent a lot on the adoption. I bought for my sister's kids and already shipped those gifts. My sister and I agreed not to buy for each other (just for the kids). I have a gift for my parents (a south-western print that is being framed). It should be done by Mon. and I'll ship it then. Hopefully it won't cost too much to get it to them in time.

Other than that, we're all set. The house is decorated, we bought our tree and it's decorated, the stocking are hung (heck, I even have the dog's and cats' stocking already stuffed), etc.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season!)
Below is a link to Nate's 3-month/Christmas picture if anyone is interrested.

Old 12-20-05, 10:23 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I love Nate. So darn cute!!!!

We are on our 9th Christmas together... wow 9th! Out of all them, we have only spent one away from home and this year won't be any different.

I'm looking foward to a Christmas eve service at our church, yummy dinner, my breakfast pizza, and just watching movies in my pj's curled up on the sofa.

I bought most of my presents online so I wouldn't have to go to many stores, and I swore off the mall till the end of January.
For me I just wanna get Xmas outta the way, just a reminder of another year without children - in any-case we're counting down to the end of Jan when we see our 'bestest-buddies' Tracey and Neil - ah - I feel happy just thinking about that! (Tracey I feel the exact same so just copied what you wrote!)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools