Baby Corner

Old 02-14-09, 07:26 AM
Community Member

Thanked 8 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Today is CD 19 for me & I think the O definitely happened. When I took my temp this am it was way up there compared to yesterday. (98.1 compared to 96.96) My question now though, is there any chance of things happening this cycle since we only BD on CD 15/ 16 and not CD 17/18 ??????? I wish I would have more BD aggressive

Old 02-14-09, 03:27 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Th main thing with temping and doing OPK's is to keep the time consistent. With temping you need to do it before you've gotten out of bed, and it needs to be at the same time every day (+/- 30mins), if not then the readings can be unreliable. It's the same with OPK's, it's best to test with early afternoon urine. If you're later or earlier then this can also have an affect on the results.

As long as you have BD'd in the 3-5 days before Oing then you've pretty much covered your bases, so I think you've done just that!

When I used OPK's I would sometimes get a +ive result for 2 afternoons and sometimes only one. I did try temping, but it would all go to pot at weekends when I didn't have to get up at 6.30am. Sometimes I would forget to set my alarm, other times I would silence it and then fall back to sleep!!

Old 02-19-09, 07:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 8 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well I think AF will be showing up at my doorstep again this cycle.......... dang it already ! Since this was only the 1st time I've used the OPK I was more hopeful than I should have been. SO in a nutshell I am pretty sure O happened on CD18 or so since CD 19 my temp had spiked. We BD on CD 15/16 but not 17/18 like we should have. Yesterday I noticed I started to have very small amt of brown spotting & the past few cycles I've had that for several days before AF showed up. I am bummed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also could I have a luteal phase defect or something like that ??

Old 02-19-09, 04:19 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I used these last month and nothing happened...I got 3 blanks and then no smiley for the other 4 tests

I'm thinking I'm not O'ing or maybe I O'd early or late but anytime I've used OPK's in the last few months they haven't worked for me.

good luck this month

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools