Baby Corner

Old 07-28-06, 02:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Cm question

Ok, so this is my first time ttc, so I am not familiar with what CM indicates.
Please help me figure this out. I am 7 DPO. Today I am crampy and I noticed my first CM (it is thick and white).
I need to know what this means. DH and I DTD last Friday and Sat, so maybe I caught the egg. I did not do an OPK then, I was going on counting days since my last period.
Can someone clear this up and help educate me. I would be so grateful. BTW- I am using the OPK now and have had four straight days of neg.
I was on BCP until my last period started (July 10th).
TIA
Shelly

Old 07-28-06, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Ok, I'm a little confused. Why are you using OPKs if you think you've already ovulated? How do you know you ovulated?

The cm past ovulation isn't really that good of an indicator of whether or not you are pg (though you could be). Around the time of ovulation, you will get CM that is the consistency of raw egg whites. It should be stretchy and not break easily.

You could start charting your temperatures when this period comes. Fertilityfriend.com is a great, free site that I and a lot of the ladies here used. If you don't want to do that, you could just have intercourse about every other day around the time you think you might be ovulating, and also use OPKs.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Old 07-28-06, 05:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

The reason I am is just to try to familiarize myself with when I ovulated. I am not sure if I did last week, since I have just recently stopped. I am hoping OPKs will help me in the future just in case I haven't ovulated yet.
I just used my dates to figure out when I will ovulate and using the OPK for the future as a back up indicator.
I don't really know if I did ovulate this month since I just stopped BCP. Does that makes sense?
Thanks
Shelly

Old 07-28-06, 05:37 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I understand your reasoning, but doing opk's this month isn't going to do you any good unless you are just wanting to confirm that you aren't ovulating right now. It won't tell you that it has already occured. Or if it did at all. You rbest bet at this point is just to wait and see if you are already pg..if you aren't then start with teh opk's next month. I don't know what brand you are using, the ones I used, you only test cycle days 10-17.

Old 07-28-06, 09:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Yup. that is what I am doing. Trying to see if I will ovulate now. I am not sure of dates so I will just keep doing the OPKs this month to try to track down a time. Unless I am already pregnant, which I know the chances are slim.
Once I figure out the actual date and number of days I am not going to use them anymore.
Thanks for all of your help.
Shelly

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools