Baby Corner

Old 07-10-11, 03:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 520%
Default Coping

I need help/advice. After 2 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully I am struggling with everyone else's pregnancy. It seems that now a majority of my friends have gotten pregnant or already had the baby. I don't know how to act. I want to be happy for them, but I feel like I can't. I love being around the babies, but I hate being around the pregnant people. Has anyone else had this problem? Each month of my failure is getting harder and harder to deal with everyone else's success...

Old 07-10-11, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Yep!

I know exactly what you are talking about.
Infertility definitely turned me into someone I didn't like very much, and I was very angry, jealous, and alone. None of my friends understood. My husband didn't even understand.
Can you plan something? Like a trip, or spa visit, or something that you couldn't do if you had a baby? That's what I did, to a certain extent. It was hard because the fertility treatments were also financially draining, but I tried very much to just do things that I liked doing and maybe couldn't do with a baby.

Old 07-10-11, 05:36 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Been there, done that. I tried to remove myself as much as possible from situations where I had to be around pregnant people. With casual acquaintances, it was easy to do. I had to be candid with close friends and tell them that I was very happy for them but was having some trouble being around them. Most people were very understanding.

I agree with Jeanne about being kind to yourself. Make sure you have plenty of opportunity to do the things you enjoy.
Thank you rudolphia!
3Princes (07-10-11)

Old 07-11-11, 08:10 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

Yes I was in the same situation and it really sucked and it sucked the life out of me. I was not a very happy person and I basically refused to be around anyone that was pregnant for a long time especially after I had a miscarriage.

I was very open with family and friends though and told them that I wanted to be happy for them but it just hurt too much and I couldn't be around them often.

Old 07-11-11, 05:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Thanks ladies. It is nice knowing there is someone out there that has gone through the same thing. There is really no one that I know that understands this and how hard it is. And the ones that pretend that they do, will say something like, "I know, it took us 5 (or whatever #) months to get pregnant, it was so hard. They don't understand there is a difference between months and years, and on your own versus doing fertility treatments... I like the idea of doing something fun that I could do if I was pregnant, but I am not sure what to do, things would be more fun with friends, and like I said, most of them are pregnant or have a little one to take care of. There is also that problem of money like 3princes mentioned. The fertility treatments and doctor visits are definitely taking their toll. I just don't know how to keep staying sane during all of this, it is definitely emotionally draining, and I get so angry at everyone else's success and it makes it hard to stay out of a funk.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools