Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive A couple questions (and possible TMI!)

A couple questions (and possible TMI!)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-22-08, 01:23 AM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Question A couple questions (and possible TMI!)

This isn't so much of a trying TO concieve post as it is a trying NOT to concieve at this time kind of a post and I'm posting here bc I wasn't sure where else to put it!!! I hope you ladies dont' mind!

DH and I have decided to try natural family planning (NFP) instead of the pill or other forms of bc like I have done in the past for reasons that are our own...

At my 6 week PP checkup the Dr gave me a whole bunch of information on NFP and I still haven't a clue as to what the heck I'm doing!!! There were a few different methods to use. The BBT won't work bc I have 3 kids so my waking up schedule is ALWAYS different. I don't understand how the two day method could possibly work (in other words, how do you tell what is CM and what is dh's little men?), and I have no clue as to what I'm feeling for with checking the cervix or looking for when checking cm (I don't think it's EVERY been anythng like they say on the info I was given!)

So I need guidance, if anyone is willing to help me out!!!

And I KNOW the pullout method is NOT a good method, but that's what dh and I have been doing. On Sunday (the 19th) dh didn't pull out like he was supposed to. I have no clue where my body is when it comes to my cycle (refer to what is typed below) and I told him it may not be "safe" to do that until i figure things out better. SO now I have THAT on my mind all the time too!

ALSO, I'm not completely sure what my body is doing or if it's still just trying to get back on track after being pg. Here's where the TMI comes in: On the 14th and 15th I had very light bleeding, slightly heavier on the 15th. The 16th I thought for SURE it was af bc I was really crampy and the bleeding was just like af. The 17th there was next to nothing. The 18th was brown blood (which I know is old blood) The 19th I had a TON of the thick yellowy mucousy stuff and since then NOTHING at all, except the normal cm. Can anyone explain what the heck this all means? I have never had anything like it before!

If you made it this far I really appreciate it and thank you in advance for any help you are able to offer!!!

Old 10-22-08, 01:41 AM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I haven't a clue.To be honest its been so long since I had my two.I just hope you guys can get the NFP down so there is no little suprises! As far as telling the difference between CM and dh little guys,I can't tell.
I hope some of the other ladies are more help then I.Well at this point anything is better then what I gave you

Old 10-22-08, 04:40 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

OMG Christina! I can't believe your little one is almost 2 months already!! Holy Moly girl!! I've been here way too long!

Well to me that sounds like it was your period. Our bodies can throw in all kinds of weird periods. As for the yellowy CM, I'm not sure.

I'm no expert on contraception (but I'm not exactly a pro at conception either!!), but temping and CP are 2 of the main ways of checking your fertility. So, if you can't temp, and aren't sure about your CP, then I would say that NFP is not for you.

However! You can check your fertility by your saliva, I think it's called 'Ferning', and lots of companies sell mini microscopes to check for the ferning pattern. I've no idea the effectiveness, but that might be worth checking out??

Good luck

Old 10-22-08, 11:27 AM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

What about condoms? THey are so easy! And you stay nice and clean!

Old 10-22-08, 12:12 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Thanks ladies... I may check into the ferning... Dh can't stand condoms. He says it doesn't feel as good and he doesn't wanna spend the money if we don't have to (which we may have to if he isn't gonna be a little more careful!)

I guess maybe I'll have to re read the materials the Dr gave me and see what I can figure out!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools