Baby Corner

Old 07-20-06, 09:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Dawn Marie

I wasn't sure which board to post. I remember when you were adopting Chloe. We have started the process to adopt from China. We are a few weeks away from DTC.

I was wondering if you received any comments like "oh now you'll you get pregnant since you're planning on adopting"

Chances of me getting pregnant are not likely, however what hurts me is that they think my child in China doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know my daughter but I'm so in love with her already that if we didn't go to China because I got pregnant, I would feel as if I've had a death of a child.

I just wondered how you dealt with it.

By the way, what is your LID on your 2nd daughter?

Old 07-20-06, 11:59 PM
Mommy to Chloe and Mahri

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hello!!

We were LID of July 31,2005!!! so almost a year now! I really don't think we will get our referral until the end of next month or september.....

but the good thing is that Chloe will be 3 Septemebr 2nd so that will help with her little attitude!

I am so psyched for you!!! wait till you make the trip to get your daughter, OMG! you can't even imagine!
The comments....well I usually tell them a football team and a busted rubber couldn't get me pg, so why the hell would flying to a foreign country do it you dumbass!!!!! and also....."oh, if I had a dime for every time someone told me they supposedly "know" someone that got pg after they adopted, I would be DONALD F#####G TRUMP!!!!!" In seriousness, I do say that....

That is just a urban legend , and I sware they only say it because they don't know what else to say...

you will find people start saying all sorts stupid things and asking dumb questions. For me it depends on who is asking, and do I think they are sincere. Now Chloe is starting to tell anyone that she was born in China! and her sister Mahri is in CHina too!!
Please feel free to email me with any questions or just talk about all the china stuff!! I am full of useless knowledge now that I am on our second! have you joined the apc yet? where are you guys from? what agency did you use?

I would love to hear about your journey!!!!!

Old 07-21-06, 12:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

You are too funny girl!

Why we decided to adopt..........I started a Christian support group for infertility. I had requested prayer for direction in our lives. Soon after, I started surfing web about adoptions, talked with a few people. Then BAM! my heart was set on China adoption. I did more research (money mainly). Finally we decided to 2nd mortage our house and do it. Before I would say. "Oh we'll end up having to adopt instead of having our own biological child". Now I say "WE GET TO ADOPT!!!!!" I think God's timing is amazing! We're doing yard sales, fund raisers, etc. When people find out we're adopting, they have been giving us stuff to put in our yardsale. I'm trying to learn scrapbooking. Our agency has a class for scrapbooking that I may take.

We sent our application to A Helping Hand in Lexington KY on May 5th. (we are from KY) They also did our Home Study. Had our orientation on May 15th and started the paperchasing. We did the HomeStudy in just 2 weeks! (she was really good and easy to work with). It helped that DH and I were never married before, only lived in Ky and was married in Ky. Anyway, we were fingerprinted & applied for I600A on May 26th. Homestudy was sent to INS on July 5th. We received our I171-H on July 12th. 7 DAYS!!!!! I was shocked when I received in mail.

Our agency takes care of getting things Authenticated & Certified so we didn't have to worry about that. AHH thinks they will have all our paperwork ready to go in 2 weeks. I can't wait! I hate it that the wait is so long. I'm trying not to read all the rumors but it's so tempting.

Chloe is just adorable! How old was she at referral?

You're so close to referral!!!

I haven't heard of apc?

Oh, our little girl's name is going to be Lauren. Her middle name will be her chinese given name.

Old 07-21-06, 07:39 PM
Mommy to Chloe and Mahri

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

APC stands for A PARENTS CHINA on yahoo...you are lucky we had to go to Boston and get our paper authenticated! but then we mailed it to our agency and they mail them out for translation. In fact, because china is so far behind, we have just re-done our police, child abuse and cori checks....AGAIN! and we now have to re-send in our I71H AGAIN! because ours expires on November 17, and we won't be over and back by then.....me sobbing wildly.....
Chloe was 8 months old at referral and 10 months old when we got there..if you have email I can email you some pics of her at referral and when we got her!!
Dam! you are in for a great experience!!! i will go see if I can email you!!
Well i couldn't find your email, so send me a message and let me know what it is!!!

Last edited by dawnmarie; 07-21-06 at 07:48 PM.

Old 07-24-06, 07:19 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I sent you a PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools