Baby Corner

Old 07-19-10, 05:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.54%
Unhappy Dazed and Confused

I really don't know how better to describe myself, other than maybe depressed.

I am new to the boards, so here is my story. My DH and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months now and nothing. I have been tracking my AF and this month was the first time I was late. I made it 3 days before that witch visited. Luckily, he was at work when it happened. I have been a bit of an emotional wreck all day. I know 6 months isn't really that long in the grand scheme, but I really thought we did it. I guess I just need some words of encouragement today.

I have really enjoyed reading all of the forum posts and my day has gotten a lot better. I am just having a hard time... especially because a lot of people I know seem to be having kids and we seem to not be blessed. I know now that we are not going to be the average, but I struggle with fears that there is something wrong with us.

Sorry for this bit of a rambling post, but I just needed to get it out there. I am not sure DH understands how hard this is for me. He just has so much confidence that God will bless us when it is right... and I guess I just don't.

Old 07-19-10, 05:52 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 32.31%

I know this is easier said than done- but just try to relax and let nature take it's course. Throw away your calendars and just be spontaneous.

I bet you'll get that BFP in no time!

Old 07-19-10, 06:37 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Welcome- you will find this board full of experienced and helpful people. MANY of us have been in your shoes and know just how difficult it is. Is is SO hard to want something so incredibly bad and have NO control over it. We also know what it is like to have ALL of your friends getting pregnant super easily. It is all very difficult and we are all here for you. Month after month of negatives is very disheartening and depressing. Just try and keep your head up- you are right 6 months isn't that long and is no reason for worry (unless you are over 35 like me, which they recommend after 6 months getting some tests done). When we first started trying I would take a pregnancy test before I even missed my period- I stopped doing that and it helped a bit. Try and focus on enjoying your time with your husband (and enjoying trying, lol) and taking care of yourself. Know that we are all here for you sending you hugs and hoping you get that BFP before you know it!!!

Old 07-19-10, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 47.69%

Hi and welcome to tbc!

I used to hate when people would basically tell me to relax, but you really probably should try to just take a little step back for a couple months and enjoy being with your husband. Do your periods seem basically regular? If so, then you probably have nothing to worry about.

I'm someone who likes having control over everything in my life, and over when things happen, but unfortunately for us, it didn't work that way. On the other hand, now that our family is complete, I LOVE that it happened just as it did.

Good luck!

Old 07-20-10, 10:16 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Thank you all for your kind words. I will try to relax and let everything just happen.

As someone who seems to have no control right now, maybe I was just hoping to have some.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools