Baby Corner

Old 02-25-06, 12:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Deciding to have a baby.

I am 22 years old. I am married and have been with my husband for 7 years (married for 3). Yes, I know...we began dating when I was 14. Things are great, we bought our first house, have a new car and have our second Harley Davidson. I may be young, but I am settled! The problem is, I am ready for children NOW, but my husband has reservations. I am going to graduate in May with my RN and am already an LPN. He says we don't have enough time or money. (who does?) What do I do? Thanks, KC

Old 02-25-06, 01:34 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

You definitely have to spend time talking together about what you both want. This is not an issue that can be decided based on one person's readiness. You need the full commitment of both parents to bring up a happy, healthy baby. Even though you've been together a long time, you're still relatively young and haven't even had a chance to establish your career. Honor your husband's reservations and work together as a couple to get to the point that you're both ready for that commitment.

Old 02-27-06, 11:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ive a;ways figured if we waited till we had enough money wed never have children. I think thats the case for most people. Maybe your husband just needs to know how dedicated you are to the idea. Mine was resistant for a long time, but then suddenly came to me one day and wanted to have a big discussion about it. He said he was ready and the next month we started officially TTC and got pg right away! Good luck to you!

Old 02-28-06, 02:52 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I agree there never seems to be a good time (except when you're getting old like me

), but it's important that he agrees before you start trying. TTC can be stressful, and to go through it without the full commitment of your partner can be a recipe for disaster!

Old 08-01-06, 05:05 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree with what has been said above. There isn't ever a "perfect" time and we will never have enough money, with that said, you need to follow your heart and sit down and have a conversation with your husband. My DH and I had to sit and have a LONG discussion because I'm with you.. I am going to graduate in December with a teaching degree and wanted to be pregnant now so that I could have my baby with out postponing my getting a full time job. We compromised... Good luck TTC!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools