Baby Corner

Old 08-25-08, 11:10 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I've had dental work done while pg before, I believe they said second trimester was best, now that I think about it. You can't have the laughing gas, either. I had just planned to do it BEFORE getting pg so I wouldn't have to worry about it at all!

Old 08-26-08, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

I thought i was pg and i had some cavities (the first in a long time) and they said usually they do it in the second trimester. My ob gave me a set of meds the dentist could use.

Old 08-26-08, 11:43 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I'd go ahead and get it done. It would affect the egg and it wouldn't affect the baby until it implants (end of next week). So you're fine.

If you can get it done this week, that's your best bet. You don't want to wait months to get it done and then need even more invasive work.

Old 08-26-08, 01:22 PM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Yeah, I think I would go ahead too. The sooner the better. I just wouldn't let them do any xrays. It could cause you so much more trouble if you wait.

Old 08-26-08, 03:25 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

If you have a little blastocyst traveling down right now, don't do x-rays! It could really mess things up when the cell structure is so delicate and there simply aren't that many cells! For drugs/meds they'd give you for a filling you'd be fine though. You only have to worry about that after implantation. Its an entity all by itself at this point.

Good luck! I'd get it taken care of quickly, but make sure to let them know that you are hoping you are pg and they will act accordingly!

I hope its not too bad. I hate going to the dentist!

Laura

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools