Baby Corner

Old 08-27-04, 02:50 PM
Pregnant at last!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default DH lost his cool

We were out to dinner last night with another couple who I hate going out with. We have nothing in common except the fact that DH and the other man were friends in Jr High and High school. Everytime after we see them Dh and I discuss how trying to have a conversation with them is like pulling teeth. I'll ask, "how's work" and get a response like, "I don' t want to talk about it." What's up with that? For some reason they keep calling and wanting to have dinner! Anyhow...

Last night at dinner, DH's friend says to me, "So, are you pregnant yet or what." I kid you not, those were his exact words! Well, as I choked on my chicken, DH ripped into his friend asking him how could he be so rude and that it just isn't proper to ask a question like that. Friend says, "You told us you were planning to have a family so we have a right to ask that question." Dh explained that when people ask us if we are planning to have kids we tell them yes because that is the truth and we don't want to lie, however, it is very rude to ask if we are pregnant. Then friend says, "I'll take that as a yes since you aren't answering the question." I have never seen DH this angry. He is a very mild mannered guy but last night he almost exploded! All he could say was, "I'm not even discussing this with you any more." Needless to say, the rest of the dinner was pretty awkward.

DH is still mad. He called me today to tell me that at work three different people asked him if we were pregnant yet or if we were trying. He can't believe it. I just welcomed him to my world.

Old 08-27-04, 02:56 PM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Steph,

I like your welcome to my world response. While I'm sorry you guys had to deal with that jerk sometimes it's good for our DH's to get a taste of what we face everyday.

Next time they call to have dinner I'd be making an excuse!

Old 08-27-04, 03:12 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

I agree Steph - it's kinda nice to hear about the man feeling the pressure for once!

But either way I think people are way too nosy - tell 'em to shove it!

Old 08-27-04, 03:54 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

how awful for you both but at least now DH has a little idea of what you have to deal with daily.

Old 08-27-04, 05:42 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

how can people be so insensitive?? Sorry that this happened to you, but I'm so thrilled that DH stood up for you...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools