Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

DH lost his cool

Reply Post New Topic

• ready2Bpg ready2Bpg's Avatar 08-27-04 | 02:50 PM
  • We were out to dinner last night with another couple who I hate going out with. We have nothing in common except the fact that DH and the other man were friends in Jr High and High school. Everytime after we see them Dh and I discuss how trying to have a conversation with them is like pulling teeth. I'll ask, "how's work" and get a response like, "I don' t want to talk about it." What's up with that? For some reason they keep calling and wanting to have dinner! Anyhow...

Last night at dinner, DH's friend says to me, "So, are you pregnant yet or what." I kid you not, those were his exact words! Well, as I choked on my chicken, DH ripped into his friend asking him how could he be so rude and that it just isn't proper to ask a question like that. Friend says, "You told us you were planning to have a family so we have a right to ask that question." Dh explained that when people ask us if we are planning to have kids we tell them yes because that is the truth and we don't want to lie, however, it is very rude to ask if we are pregnant. Then friend says, "I'll take that as a yes since you aren't answering the question." I have never seen DH this angry. He is a very mild mannered guy but last night he almost exploded! All he could say was, "I'm not even discussing this with you any more." Needless to say, the rest of the dinner was pretty awkward.

DH is still mad. He called me today to tell me that at work three different people asked him if we were pregnant yet or if we were trying. He can't believe it. I just welcomed him to my world.
  • erinjj erinjj's Avatar 08-27-04 | 02:56 PM
  • Steph,

I like your welcome to my world response. While I'm sorry you guys had to deal with that jerk sometimes it's good for our DH's to get a taste of what we face everyday.

Next time they call to have dinner I'd be making an excuse!
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 08-27-04 | 03:12 PM
  • I agree Steph - it's kinda nice to hear about the man feeling the pressure for once!

But either way I think people are way too nosy - tell 'em to shove it!
  • mac71 mac71's Avatar 08-27-04 | 03:54 PM

•  
    how awful for you both but at least now DH has a little idea of what you have to deal with daily.
  • LeAnnimal LeAnnimal's Avatar 08-27-04 | 05:42 PM

•  
    how can people be so insensitive?? Sorry that this happened to you, but I'm so thrilled that DH stood up for you...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work