Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive DH! (sort of a vent but ttc related)

DH! (sort of a vent but ttc related)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-11-08, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 25.31%
Default DH! (sort of a vent but ttc related)

For both kids, dh has worked at the same place, and for both kids he's given them the "heads up" and then on the day before, he tells them he's going to need off for the IUI.

So this time around, he still works there, and i was asking him, could he take just a couple hours off? No. So last night I asked him if he had talked to the boss about it, and he got all miffed-- and said "I was WAITING for you to tell me when it's going to be."

Um.... you know I don't know till the day before when it's going to be. Ok, so he called me this morning and said, "I'm taking friday off. Is that when it'sgoing to be?"

I tell him for the millionth time that I dont know for sure when it will be, but I *think* it'll be Thurs-Sun.

So then he acts all befuddled, like "what am I going to do?" and then he said, "oh, well I'll just do what I did last time."

WHY DID THAT TAKE SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT?????

Old 07-11-08, 01:03 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 37.55%

LOL - as if you have any clue ahead of time. For me, there were times when OPK said it was time, we were ready, and when we got there, they said it would be one more day. Unfortunately, you can't predict it. That was why I made sure my Principal and VP new exactly what was going on. Made it easier for me. DH needs to understand that.

Like this last time. By my calculations, I was going to ovulate on graduation day (of ALL days). I am the computer teacher for middle school - I do a lot for graduation - certificates, diplomas, program. To boot, with DD's birthday, I was taking 2 days off with family in town. I ended up having to go in the day before graduation (a day I had taken off) for a few hours because I there was a good chance I wouldn't be able to be at school before 9:30 - 10 AM on graduation. I ended up Oing the day after, but what a pain in the butt!

Old 07-11-08, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

Unfortunately I'm not getting bloodwork or an ultrasound this time around. All they will go by is my +opk. I'd rather have ultrasounds... but I pushed for the hsg so once I asked about it and she said not yet, I figured I better not push it.

Old 07-11-08, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

And yes... people thought it was weird but my principal (who were both men) knew both times because I needed to drive an hour away for bloodwork and stuff. I think they're more understanding that way. I would leave my house at 5:50am, get up to get bloodwork and u/s by 7am, and would be back to school by 8:15ish to start school.

Old 07-11-08, 01:48 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 37.55%

the place I go to always does bloodwork and ultrasound. I agree with you - I like knowing how many follies and size.

Good luck this time!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools