Baby Corner

Old 10-10-08, 06:41 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Doctor's Appt.

Hey everyone- I just wanted to let everyone know about my appt. this morning. It actually went pretty good- especially because DH went with me. He was so cute- when the doc asked why we were there the first thing my hubby said "WE WANT A BABY" Hehehe...which was was I was thinking! Lol. Anyway, the doc didn't seemed too concerned that we hadn't conceived in 6 months (4 really if you consider the chemical pregnancy). He did an ultrasound and my uterus is slightly tilted, but nothing to worry about. Everything else looked good- I had a follicle on my right ovary that was about 12mm and I and cd12 so that is about right- he said maybe a little small, but he wasn't worried. He ordered a whole bunch of bloodwork to be done on CD 22 (hormone levels and stuff), a semen analysis (which we can collect at home since we are only 20 mins. away which made DH very happy), and he is going to do an ovary study on my to check my egg reserves. This involves taking clomid days 5-9 in my next cycle and then more bloodwork. Everyone was SO extremely nice and I am glad that we went. I know we haven't been trying that long, but I am almost 35 and if something is wrong, I wouldn't want to wait another 6 months to find out. Especially since my sis had eggs that "appeared older than they were". We even got a few laughs because the nurse told us "no nipple stimluation" before the blood test because it can effect one of the hormone levels....we giggled out of the office!

My DH was a little freaked out that a male dr. was gonna be looking "down there" but he handled it well (of course us women are kind of used to that, lol). We were also kind of fascinated by the u/s....it was interesting! Anyway- all in all I am really glad that we went and was SO glad to have DH with me. It was pretty encouraging and the doc wasn't too worried so that's good! And he said not to give up on this cycle either- like we would!! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know what happened.

Old 10-10-08, 07:55 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

Yay I am so glad the appointment went well~ I always love going in and taking a look at the follies! I hope that one grows into a nice big screamin toddler!

Old 10-10-08, 08:13 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5379.38%

Old 10-10-08, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 38.75%

Sounds like a good appt.

How long have you been ttc?

Old 10-10-08, 09:41 PM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Sounds like your appt went good! Best of luck and I'm thinking about you'll.

Latest Articles
What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

Throw The Perfect Toddler Halloween Party
Want to have fun this Halloween with your Toddler? Throw a party! Here are some tips for throwing the perfect toddler Halloween party.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools