Baby Corner

Old 08-27-04, 11:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Dr's Appt

I have an appt on Monday with my gyn to discuss coming off BCP. I'm also going to be talking to her about the pains I was having before going on BCP. I'm nervous and excited.

Old 08-28-04, 01:36 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck! What kind of pains were you having? Someone on another board said she was having pains every month before going on BC, but when she was on it and when she was pg & TTC she didn't have any problems. The dr told her that it was probably due to small cysts in her ovaries rupturing every month. (it didn't affect her ability to conceive, don't worry) Anyway, I hope things go well for you!!

Old 08-29-04, 12:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanx. The pains would start maybe a day or so before AF and would be very sharp stabbing pains. They would cause me to double over. The pains would last all through AF and sometimes even a day or two after. I would usually not be able to work through most of them. I would just lay in the bed and cry because nothing helped them feel better. What worries me is that I've seen other women describe endometriosis in much the same way. I'm very interested to see what the GYN has to say tomorrow.

Old 08-29-04, 05:34 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Geez, that sounds awful. I hope endo isn't the cause and that everything else goes well!

Old 08-30-04, 07:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I couldn't sleep last night. I'm up way too early. My appt is at 8:30.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools