Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Ever wonder what it's like to actually be pregnant?

Ever wonder what it's like to actually be pregnant?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-24-05, 04:06 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Ever wonder what it's like to actually be pregnant?

It seems way out there to even imagine what it must feel like to know your actually pregnant. I almost can not even imagine. It must be a amazing experience, and yet so many people in the world (ie Men) live just as happy as can be wtihout ever feeling bad about missing out on it.

Do you ever wonder what it would feel like to know your pregnant? I honestly think I would be shocked.

Old 09-25-05, 02:57 PM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Smile pregnant

I've had dreams where I was pregnant and even gave birth. I remember thinking (in my dream) that child birth really wasn't as painful as everyone made it out to be.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be pregnant in real life. I tell ya one thing, if I ever did get pregnant, I wouldn't complain about it like most women do. I would welcome the morning sickness, heartburn, backaches, swollen hands and feet, etc.

Old 09-25-05, 05:13 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

"I tell ya one thing, if I ever did get pregnant, I wouldn't complain about it like most women do. I would welcome the morning sickness, heartburn, backaches, swollen hands and feet, etc."

I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 09-25-05, 05:50 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

I guess that the reality of being pregnant, the mixture of all the emotions and feelings is beyond what I could ever imagine.

I get bloating from time to time and if I relax my tummy muscles I look like I'm pregnant. When it happens I always look in the mirror at my bloated belly and try to imagine what it would be like to be looking at it every day getting bigger, knowing that every day was a day closer to being born.
I try to imagine the first day that a stranger asks me how long I've got to go before our baby's due.
I try to imagine my last day at work before going on maternity leave.
I try to visualise what our baby's room will look like (I've done a lot of that over the past 6 years) and imagine spending time decorating it and jokingly putting paint on my 'bump' and painting the walls in bump-prints.
I try to imagine going to our first scan and crying at finally seeing our child for the first time.
I try to imagine watching a movie with Neil's hand on my belly, feeling our baby move, and every now and then looking at each other and smiling, or him saying "blimey it's a fidgety little bugger tonite!!!"
I try to imagine my Niece Chloe and my Nephews Daniel and Joshua hugging me and laughing when my bump kicks them in the head!

Beyond the pregnancy...
I imagine seeing Neil hold our child and to feel the love and joy between the 3 of us.
I try to visualise all the family photo's that have been taken, and what they would have looked like if our child had been in them (there were some group grandchildren photo's taken today as it was my Mum-in-Law's 60th b'day yesterday).
I try to imagine how different our lives will be.
I try to imagine being called Mummy and what it's really like to not have to hand a child back to its parents.
I try to imagine not being infertile.

I imagine worrying about a whole host of other things too, but I'm focusing on the good things.

Old 09-25-05, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Girls, I couldn't believe I saw this post! I was just talking about this yesterday. I tried for 16 months before I got Dewey. I used to be on this board a long time ago. I almost lost my best friend because I was trying to get pg and she "accidently" did. She didn't want kids at the time and all she did was complain about her pg, even though she was happy about it. I felt the same way, I would have given anything to have morning sickness, all that. I was so angry with her every time she gave me a run down of all her woes and how awful she felt. I would have went through anything to get a little baby in me! Well I can tell you all be careful what you say. I certainly stuck my foot in my mouth. I don't regret any of my aches and pains and can't wait to do it again, it was worth it! But I sure caught myself doing my share of complaining. There were some pretty miserable days! I even had to apologize to her for giving her greif for her complaining. There is so many little things noone tells you about about being pg, you expect morning sickness, swelling , but there are things that happen you'd never imagine. And people tell you how much you'll love a baby, and you're thinking in your head that they're idiots, of course you'll love your child, well it's so much bigger than you could ever imagine. I'm not trying to offend, I've been there and know exactly what you're feeling, I felt it! I can't wait for you all to get babies, and I hope you all have easy pgs, but if you get every symptom in the book it will suck, and if you find yourself complaining, don't feel guilty cause you will, you'll think you don't deserve to complain after trying to get pg for so long, but you will deserve it and you better do your share of b*tching cause this is the one time when you can get away with it! It took me the first few months of keeping my mouth shut to realize this! I was creating a human and it's hard work and it hurts! So WHEN IT DOES happen for you all, gripe away! Sorry for rambling, but like I said, I've so been there! Good luck girls. And please don't take offense to this!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools