Baby Corner

Old 08-26-04, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default excercise while TTC?

is it okay to excercise while you are ttc? i know that sounds odd but I want to start eating healthier and I have already starting walking and riding my bike with my son. But I just want to make sure certain excercises are okay if I do end up pregnant. is there anything that you can't do?

Old 08-27-04, 09:17 AM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

A healthy diet and excercise are perfectly OK while TTC unless you have a known medical reason why you shouldn't. Most exercises that you do are perfectly safe to continue if you do get pregnant and only have to be modified later on to accomodate the body as it changes during pregnancy (e.g. bicycle riding is discouraged as you get bigger due to your center of gravity being different and also floor exercises where you lay flat on your back are discouraged after the first 12 weeks).
General rule of thumb is that anything that improves your overall health can only help you in TTC.

Old 08-27-04, 11:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

and it's good not to go from total inactivity to really intense stuff when you're in the 2WW.

Old 08-27-04, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

thanks ladies!

Old 08-31-04, 10:50 PM
B.A.G. Mommy!!!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools