Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

Feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-09-10, 09:02 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Angry Feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

So I had my follow up with the RE today. I got my results on my egg test (inhibin) and my biopsy. I have to say that I was expecting some not so good news...but I was nowhere prepaired for this.

It took the RE a good 5 min's to beat around the bush. He double and tripple checked my dates on my period for my biopsy and tripple checked my start day on my last period for my cd3 blood test.I knew it couldn't be good.

So my egg test (inhibin) was a 14

anything below 16 is menopausal. I just about Cr@pped myself.My biopsy showed that on day 24 of my cycle 10dpo my linning was cd18 !
Then he said if my retake of my egg test (when my period starts again) comes back bad again that I should think about IVF with an egg donor or adoption. He said my egg numbers represent a 50 year old women and that with that bad of results there is nothing he can do.

I'm still in shock...I just hope that my egg test was a fluke but I have a sneaking hunch it isn't.
I just wish I would have known this before and didn't have to go through everything to find this out.
He said that he wanted to see something abnormal so he could fix it and have an answer for me but this wasn't what he wanted to see.

So that is my update...

On a high note...Dh went and talked to the guys about his new job. He is going to start Oct 1 and they will be moving us to N.Dakota in April.

I really just want to crawl in a hole and die right now....gosh I was so hoping for something to go right!

Old 06-09-10, 09:06 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Thank you Dopey406!
countrycutieluv (06-09-10)

Old 06-09-10, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

So are you going to retake the egg test?
Did he say that this could explain the repeated miscarriages?
I hope that you can come to a decision that brings you peace.
I'm sorry.
Thank you 3Princes!

Old 06-09-10, 10:01 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm sorry.... Yes were going to retake the egg test on cd 3 and see where that takes us. He said that it would explain the LPD and the repeated miscarriages...for sure. He said,"i wanted answers for you but not this"
Thank you ladies! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and hoping for better news but not getting my hopes up KWIM?

Old 06-09-10, 10:27 PM
Loving Mommyhood!

Thanked 164 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh Carrie...big hugs your way!
Thank you wendysue611!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools