Baby Corner

Old 03-05-06, 03:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default A few Questions

Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards.
I am 37 and had a baby girl 14 months ago. I am not planning on any more children. ( I also have a 13 year old girl, and 17 year old boy) I went on the pill after I had the baby, and I take it for 9 weeks in a row, skipping the period weeks, than I have one. ( that is how my Dr. told me to do it.) It is not Seasonale ,the one that is normally prescribed for that. This is the regualr brand I have taken for years. I have done alot of spotting, or more like had periods in between times. Which I guess is normal when you start doing this. But I worried it wasn't "potent" enough!!

Well I haven't had the spotting for several months now. But yesterday I kept having a sharp pinching feeling in my ab, that was just like what I had when I got pg with my last baby. I knew exactly, then when I should implant when I was TTC, and it happened and I had this pinching feeling. So it kind of alarmed me a bit. This morning I wook up with a very slight bit a of brown discharge in my underwear. So this of course worries me a bit more.

So after this long intro, my question is, I figure I should test soon, to be sure I'm not PG and if I am, stop the pill. How soon can it be done. It's been awhile since I even though about this stuff. I think with in a few days after implantation a test can come up positive. I'm just looking for suggestions! thanks!!

Old 03-05-06, 07:30 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

I takes different amounts of time after implantation to register a positive on an HPT, depending on the person. Your situation is very unusual in that you don't have a period every month. Probably the best bet for an accurate response would be a blood test at your doctor's office. Otherwise, you might spend lots of money on home tests without really being sure what the result is.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-05-06, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

I'd say that if you're taking your pills regularly there's not much of a chance you're pg. But I'd call your doc just to find out what to do.

Old 03-05-06, 09:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I take them pretty regualrly, but every once in awhile I will forget and take it the next morning. Which I know happend about a week or so ago. ( and we BD'd the night before) I don't usually worry though. But I got pg for number two while on the pill. I also missed a pill and played catch up. But i still got pg.

Old 03-05-06, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My friend was on the pill when she got pg with #1. She didn't have a period for almost 6 months, then had some spotting for about 2 days. A few weeks later she was so nauseated she couldn't get out of bed. Finally went to the health nurse at her work because she thought she was "sick". They sent her up to her gyn who announced she was pg. After an u/s she learned she was almost 10 weeks pg!!! I'd skip a home test all together and go see your dr. And if you're not, I'd find a different pill, or at least a different method of taking them.
Good luck to you and I hope you get your desired outcome!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools