Baby Corner

Old 08-10-08, 08:53 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Chasteberry (Vitex ) is also reputed to lengthen the LP, and also some people have had success with progesterone cream. Taking EPO (evening primrose oil) or Starflower oil is also noted to be helpful.

There was a lady here once that took Vitex and B6 because she'd heard it helps with TTC, she didn't have a LP defect and she ended up getting up to about CD36 or thereabouts, so it can work. Obviously not so good if your LP is already ok though!

Also if you're taking extra B vitamins be aware how much is in your multivitamin, and make sure that your multivit doesn't have vitamin A in it.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending long LP vibes!

Old 08-10-08, 02:47 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I had a LP deficiency when TTC my first. I took Natural Progesterone cream, but have since switched to oil. The oil is so much better as it doesn't have the horrid smell associated with the cream! The month I used it I got pg with my DD!

The thing you have to be careful with is you have to take it the full first trimester and then wean yourself off of it! Its just a bit of oil that you rub on your body. Not a big deal, but it can cause a miscarriage if you suddenly deprive your body of the progesterone. It will help with morning sickness though, so its worth it! I only had a few slight waves of feeling poorly that would go away quickly with my first. My second I conceived without Progesterone and had morning sickness from the day I took the HPT until the day I delivered her. It was all day and all night sickness! Knowing what I know now, I was very Progesterone deficient (not enough to miscarry), and I paid for it! I'll be doing Progesterone as soon as I feel like my body figures out what's going on and ovulates!

I seem to have lots of Progesterone problems (ovarian cysts) so I take it off an on all the time! If my breasts start to hurt, I know to give myself a few doses over the next few days. It helps and totally takes the pain away. If I leave it, then the cysts develop and cause months of pain!

Laura

Old 08-10-08, 08:47 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

The progesterone treatment sounds like a good deal all around.My bb's hurt really bad around AF so that sounds like it could really help.Now is this oil available over the counter? If I do the progesterone should I stop the B6? Thanks Laura
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools