Baby Corner

Old 02-10-05, 11:09 AM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Finally, same as TTC General

He went! They took a look at his last two analysis that he had done. The last one in June. The one in June was worrisome because his rapid progression has dropped from 54 mill. to 16! He didn't have an answer for it, but my questions about high blood pressure were answered. Basically, it shouldn't effect it. He has varicoles, blood vessels that wrap around the testicle and 60% of infertile men have it. Next week he's going to see if he can make a hampster baby (they take his sperm and see if it will penetrate a hampster egg.) If it does, we're in good shape and can proceed on to IUI. If not, then more than likely we'll do surgery. So, we're on the right track. I'm waiting on AF to get here so we can get back on track. I had a temp drop two days ago, but it went back up. I'm not late, I was just hoping to get it over with!

Old 02-11-05, 11:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wonderful to finally get some answers. Good luck!!

Old 02-16-05, 12:39 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

LeAnn ask your Dr about the SCSA test as well as the Hamster Assay - Susanne taught me everything I know, but the SCSA tests for DNA fragmentation and it gives you more information. I know Susanne wishes that she'd had the SCSA test done before they embarked with treatment and I plan to do the same test before I do my last IUI (although it's not available over here and I have to go private and get our sample shipped to France).
Also check out statistics on the internet for varicocele there's reported between a 30 to a 50% succesful conception rate following surgery. My Dr feels that the surgery is unneccesary, so do your research before going through it.

We have had progression problems ourselves - at one point we had no forward progression. 16million sperm with good forward progression isn't an awful result, you'll also have some more that don't have as good progression, but that still 'go in the right direction'.

Sending you lots of love n hugz LeAnn.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools