Baby Corner

Old 09-27-05, 06:11 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Talking Good news (pg mentioned)

After 4 years of TTC, I am pregnant.

We took the plunge at the beginning of September and did IVF. We told only our parents that we were doing it - no one else knew (except for my friend I met at the clinic since she was about a week behind me also doing IVF). We didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. My retrieval was at the beginning of the month and they ended up getting 25 eggs. Of those 25, 17 fertilized and made it to the 3 day transfer. The doctor put back 2 "perfect" embryos. On the 5th day, 7 embryos made it to freeze. So we have some ice babies. The day after the transfer I developed a mild case of OHSS, but by the time I went for my blood work 10 days after the transfer, I was so sick. I was very nauseous and bloated. The ultrasound revealed ovaries the size of tennis balls. We got the news the next day but at the same time the doctor told me he was admitting me to the hospital that after noon. I still wasn't a severe case but he wanted to be cautious - I ended up being there for a week and just got home a couple of days ago. I won't go into details but it wasn't the most pleasant stay except for the great nurses.

We are excited but cautious since it is still early. Thank you all for your support over the years.

Old 09-27-05, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

CONGRATS!! Yay!! I am so happy for you!!

Old 09-27-05, 06:41 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

OMG that is fantastic news! What I have read in the past you have been thru so much and desrve this. CONGRATS!

Old 09-27-05, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

That is such great news! Congratulations.

Sorry about the OHSS.

Hope you have a very healthy and happy pregnancy.

Old 09-27-05, 08:04 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

OMG Erinn!!!!!!! You sneaky Miss for keeping it secret! Tut tut!!

From what I hear OHSS can be a good sign in terms of pregnancy(although very nasty indeed). I think you're about the 3rd person I've hard that had it and was PG!!

I can't believe it after all this time Erinn - you and Brett are expecting!! I bet your parents are so chuffed too!

Hell, I'm chuffed!! You've given me hope Erinn! I thought us long-haulers never got lucky like this!

I am so darn chuffed for you, really I am - sending you a huge cyber hug across the miles hon!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools