Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Got hit with another pg announcement

Got hit with another pg announcement

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-07-06, 06:44 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well I'm 35 in three months so it will be toughie...I had always said that 35 was the cut off point, actually it was 30 before that but I really will feel this birthday. I know I have so much (more than some people and I should be grateful like I'm told) but a piece of me is missing ya know and it can't be filled and nobody can understand that unless they go through it. That's why these boards are so necessary and helpful and supportive.

Old 07-07-06, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Big hugs to you all. I'm so sorry that people are so inconsiderate.

Old 07-11-06, 12:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It heppend to me,too. Hubby's step mother told us at the campsite that her daughter-in-law got pregnent with #2 exactly right on the 4Th of July last year. She also told us that her in-law knew right a way when it heppened O_O I just cant't believe that she was braging around us, who 've been TTC for over a year. I don't understand that why she said that to us. I came home crying like crazy.

I hope we can get over these situations somehow. I'm here with you

Old 07-11-06, 01:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have a situation.

My bfriend of 5 yrs is ttc. the problem is, is that she has some disorder with her ovaries and they think that she might not be able to conceive. Im trying to be supportive for her and yet i feel so bad for her. I have asked her to come and join this website...but i dont know if im offending her because we are ttc#2. she is the godmother of our 1st child. Is there any tips or anything that I can do to help her through this situation??

Old 07-12-06, 03:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default I understand!

Get this:

Exactly 1 week after we miscarried, I had to go to a friend's babyshower.

We had been planning a vacation out of state to visit some friends in a few months when we found out they were pregnant. Well, three months later we became pregnant. Our plans were still on to see them. I lost the baby and had a D&C on a Monday...we left town on that following Friday. My friend was only 6 months along, but she had planned to have an early baby shower specifically so I could be there...her shower was on the following Monday, one week after we lost our baby.

I was so happy for her, really, but I was so numb and hurt. The thing that hurt the most is that no one would talk to me at her baby shower. Who wants to talk to the girl that just lost her baby...yeah- nobody does. I felt totally isolated. And, no one wants to acknowledge what happend either. As if it didn't matter.

Or...I love "well, it's not like you were that far along". Oh, so at exactly how many weeks along in a pregnancy is it OK to morn over the loss...or even be recognized that you lost something by others?

Oooo Oooo Oooo how about this:

A few weeks after we lost our pregnancy (we had been TTC for over a year at that point) I found out that my Step-brother, my cousin and a couple of people from work...they're all pregnant!

It's truely is a struggle. Inside I am happy for them, but yet I can't help but think of how much it hurts to have lost something so precious.

And...I always found out about these things at party's or with other groups of people too- weird.

Good luck. I do understand the whirlwind of emotions!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools