Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Got my period...could I still be pregnant?

Got my period...could I still be pregnant?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-28-10, 09:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question Got my period...could I still be pregnant?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum - please be kind! I know most of you are probably saying, "duh of course you're not pregnant" but I will explain why I'm still wondering. I have read some other boards just out of curiousity and they were a little harsh - please be gentle :-)

Anyway, I will give you the whole backstory since the dates of things seem pretty important. First of all, I am not on any birth control so while my period is regular, it's not down to the exact day every month. But I do know that within a 2-3 day span I should be getting it and I typically do. Anyway, on July 11/12 (I say both because it was very late at night), I did the deed however he did not ejaculate in me. Or anywhere near me but I know that those little guys are fiesty. That day was a couple days after I ovulated. My period was scheduled to come on June 21 but did not arrive until the 25th. I spotted on the 25th and had 2 full days and now it has gone away almost completely which is very abnormal for me...I usually have at least 4 full days and then the last day is very light, spotting. Also, my period has felt very different than usual...no bloating, no cramps, no sore, achy breasts. Not that they are usually debiliatating but those first 2 days are usually kindy yucky and I have felt fine.

So I feel like I know the answer already and I'm not pregnant but I just can't let that nagging feeling go that it is a possibility. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
*S

Last edited by wonders10; 07-28-10 at 10:12 PM.

Old 07-28-10, 10:05 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

to TBC!

I would say that if you had a "relatively" normal period around the time you were due to start, it's unlikely that you're pregnant.

Have you had a period yet in July? Have you taken a home pregnancy test (HPT)? If you were indeed pregnant, you would test positive by now. So if you have doubts, a test sounds like it's in order.

Old 07-28-10, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

I'm more wondering where your July period is? The dollar store has tests for $1. I'd test just to be sure, although I agree with the above post that it's unlikely.

Old 07-28-10, 10:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey406

to TBC!

I would say that if you had a "relatively" normal period around the time you were due to start, it's unlikely that you're pregnant.

Have you had a period yet in July? Have you taken a home pregnancy test (HPT)? If you were indeed pregnant, you would test positive by now. So if you have doubts, a test sounds like it's in order.

Thanks for the welcome! I'd say it was relatively normal in that I had bleeding but for only half the time that I normally get it. I think/know it could have been late because I kept thinking about when I would get it which of course could make it late. I actually did take a HPT (already learning the lingo!) - 2 actually - since they came as a set. On the 25th in the afternooon right before I finally started my period and then about an hour ago since I was confused as to why my period just stopped. Both were negative.

Old 07-28-10, 10:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Huge DUH! I wrote the wrong month. This all happened this month - July. I changed my original post...does this change your responses?

Sorry about the confusion!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools