Baby Corner

Old 10-18-06, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Exclamation Green Tea & TTC

Just read an article about green tea and ttc tonight in November's Parenting magazine. Apparently something in the green tea is actually bad for you if you are ttc because it "decreases the effectiveness of folic acid, which is vital for preventing neural tube defects in the first month after conception". The article said once you have conceived and are out of your first trimester you can once again succomb the delicious taste of 1 cup a day of green tea, but to stay clear of it before hand.

Old 10-18-06, 09:43 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The best way to do green tea when TTC is to drink it right up to O. It does really improve the cervical mucas. After O I usually either take an extra folic acid pill in addition to my regular prental, or I try to leave about 12 hours between taking prenatal and drinking the tea.

Old 10-20-06, 12:51 PM
Landon's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I've heard that as well. I think I read the same article too.

Old 10-20-06, 04:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

What kind of green tea do you recommend to increase cm? any specific brand? thanx.

Old 10-22-06, 09:02 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

tulip..I just use the Lipton citrus green tea that comes in the bottles. I have seen a tremendous increase in cervical mucus since I started drinking it! I've read articles like the one Rebekah linked too...but I have also read many others that say green tea is good to drink while TTC...I think it is like anything "all things in moderation".
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools