Baby Corner

Old 04-12-06, 01:29 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default heart broken

Bryan and I did a IUI with injectables this cycle. We forked over another $1,000 in hopes to get pregnant. We were so positive and excited thinking this would work with Bryan having better than normal sperm results. Sure enough I set myself up for another heart break. I am so down. I just don't understand.

I only had a 8 day lp this cycle. I keep telling my doctor I truly believe I need progestrone. He thinks my lp is fine because my uterus is "nice and thick".

Then there's my endo pain. Seriously I have cramping and back pain from about 2 days after I ovulate till 4 days after my period. Basically I get a week free of pain. I am beyond frustrated and not sure what to do. My pain doctor says surgery will not help me, but my question is what will?

Sigh... I hate this.

Last edited by baby hungry; 04-12-06 at 07:51 PM.

Old 04-12-06, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am not an expert by any means but an 8 day lp just won't cut it will it? I don't understand how he is saying you're fine with that. I thought it had to be at least 14 days?
I'm so sorry gal! I hate how it makes your heart hurt every month.

Old 04-12-06, 02:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Lurking.....

Susanne, I'm really sorry. If you have a short lp, or luteal phase defect, then you will not be able to sustain a pg even if the egg fertilizes. This type of problem is easy to correct. Your dr needs to prescribe progesterone supplements to lengthen your luteal phase. I've been told that a lp less than 10 days is not good. By the time a fertilized egg would be ready to implant in you, you'd be losing your lining. Please speak with your dr again about this.

Old 04-12-06, 02:59 PM
Our Miracle Baby Makayla

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am so sorry Susanne

Sending you bigs huggs

Old 04-12-06, 06:31 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Im so sorry!! I know how you feel with all the pain!! I would definility talk to the doctor and if he wont help then you should get a second opinion!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools