Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Hello Ladies, I've got an update for ya...

Hello Ladies, I've got an update for ya...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-06-06, 08:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default Hello Ladies, I've got an update for ya...

I went to the Dr a few days ago for my first "infertility" appointment. I came with 5 months of BBT charts in hand...and a ton of emotions swelling in my gut.

As you may know, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years, and with having lost a pregnancy...it's been an emotional road to travel.

But, I have excellent news. As I suspected (from what the BBT charts were showing) I have a hormone imbalance. My progesterone is too low and I'm not ovulating regularly. I will be starting Clomid and I will be put on progesterone.

Now granted nothing is 100%, but the Dr. feels that in our case, we have a 90%-95% chance of conceiving in the next 3-4 months with these treatments!

I will start treatment during my next menstral cycle.

Again, we know that nothing is 100%, but my husband and I are keeping a positive mind set. With all that we've been through, this news is certainly a blessing. :cheer:

Old 08-07-06, 07:23 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Thats great news, I hope he's right and you are pg very soon. Wishing you tons of babydust !!!

Out of interest what exactly made him suspect low progesterone? Did he do a blood test or did he come to his conclusions via your charts? Hope you dont mind my asking!

Old 08-07-06, 11:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default Good Questions!

He came to the conclusion via my charts.

My luetal phase has been between 9-12 days long and the temperatures are erratic (tempuratures in the luteal phase should be more stable).

I will have my progesterone levels checked after I ovulate this cycle to see exactly where they are.

My next cycle will be my evaluation/1st treatment cycle. I will be on Clomid and progesterone, they will also check my progesterone levels again and I will have a couple of ultrasounds to see the development of matured eggs and then to make sure they were released.

Old 08-07-06, 12:43 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

That is great news.

I also have low progestrone. I ovulate just fine, but with weak progestrone in my two week wait. When my doctor boosts ovulation with medication my progestrone seems to be so much better. Sometimes just fixing ovulation fixes progestrone.

Best of luck for this next cycle. I have a great feeling this will work for you!

Old 08-08-06, 05:20 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 14.67%

Glad you got some positive news. I have my fingers crossed that it leads to more positive news very soon!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools