Old 04-21-11, 02:55 PM
is mourning over our loss'
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Unhappy HELP PLEASE

Story first..
I have never had any problems with TTC, so now my husband and i want our fourth, i took out my IUD on April 4th and we started right away. I started a "period" on march 30th and when they took out the IUD and we "tried" i stopped bleeding... i had the IUD in for almost 2 years and the first year never had a period, the 2nd year it decided to all just come out, and ever since then my periods were irregular. i was wearing a tampon every single day. (drag) and so when i took it out the period just stopped and i thought i was "lucky"... But nope i took tests and all were BFN!, so sure enough on April 16th dark blood came out like if i just had a baby, all this blood, and through out the day it was turning brown.. Later on it was bright red, and today is the 6th day and (knock on wood) i hope it's stop, i hope they are on track.. I know that it might be too soon to get pregnant after an IUD; i'm just trying not to think about it.. can someone just reassure me it's going to be okay. i have a friend that has been TTC for a year, after she had the IUD removal..
Someone please just i need the reassurance..

Thank you ladies..

Old 04-21-11, 11:27 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 678.37%

Some women get pregnant right away after an IUD. Others can take awhile. For me it took a few months before I have had a truly normal period. Inever fully stopped on mirena but it was lighter, shorter and less painful. Just these last 2 months have had been more normal to what they used to be before Mirena.
Thank you lauralkemp!
stephwit2 (04-22-11)

Old 04-22-11, 12:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

We have DTD's pretty much everyday... I don't understand, I got pg so fast with the twins and my 2 year old, they were not planned and no that we want one, its not happening.. I guess ( and I keep telling myself) its in Gods hands not mine. I hope something happens soon

Old 04-22-11, 01:15 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 678.37%

That could be your problem. You need to take a break and not DTD every day. A guy needs about 48 hrs to build up good sperm again.
Thank you lauralkemp!
stephwit2 (04-22-11)

Old 04-22-11, 12:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hey thank you for all the advice, let me tell you when we DTD since i had the IUD out on the 4th. the everyday i can see, but i think we slowed down

april
2,4 (IUD out), 5,6,7,10, 11 (twice), 12,13,14, 17, 18, 21.
it's alot i probably have ever done

Also this morning i woke up and my boobs were killing me! so i got in the shower and they hurt as soon as i stood up, when i was in the shower i looked down and i had milk, not alot, but there was some.. i havent breastfeed in over a year...

weird and frustrating.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools