Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive >
HELP!!! Tmi and long..Please help. Need advice!!

HELP!!! Tmi and long..Please help. Need advice!!

Reply Post New Topic

• lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 02-20-11 | 09:18 AM
  • Ok ladies. I'm feeling very weird. I took got a BFN on Friday and then it seemed like Aunt flo started showing up yesterday. Now more then 12 hours later I still have just a little bit of old looking brownish discharge instead of the usual bright new stuff. I know this is TMI but I'm nervous. I don't want to be one of those woman on TLC who didn't find out until they go into labor.

So anyway what is the big difference between implantation bleeding and a regular period? How uncommon is it and do some of the symptoms with it mimic period symptoms(ie. mild cramps, gas, irritabilty)?

I feel like this should be a no-brainer but I am just not sure about it. I figure if my symptoms/bleeding haven't progressed by tomorrow mornig I'll take another HPT. I'd do it today but I already had my FMP and I don't want to take a chance of getting a negative because of not using that.

Any advice/experiences would be VERY helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-20-11 | 10:00 AM
  • I had some bleeding with Lukas early on, like a day or two after I missed my period. By then I had gotten a very faint positive on a pregnancy test, so I was afraid I was miscarrying. The blood was as you describe - brown like the end of my period. It was there for a couple of hours and then went away.

I would say in my case, it wasn't really implantation bleeding as I'd already gotten a positive test. Are you late at this point? I'd say wait a day or two and test again.
Thank you rudolphia!
lauralkemp (02-20-11)
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 02-20-11 | 10:13 AM
  • Yeah she was due on the 17th or 18th. I tested on Friday cause I wasn't having ANY pm symptoms. I'm pretty clockwork now. I didn't used to be but as I've gotten older I've been more regular(like within 24 hours of expected day)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 02-20-11 | 10:49 AM
  • I had that kind of bleeding with my first two pregnancies. With our first DD, it was our first month trying and I was totally naive. I didn't know what to expect so when I had that brownish bleeding on the day after AF was due, I assumed it was AF and didn't think twice about it. That kind of mucusy, brown/pink discharged lasted for about a day and then stopped. So I tested "for fun" and got a faint positive. That "faint positive" will turn 8 in April.

So I'd hang in there for another day or two and see what you get. If you O'd a hair late or your urine hCG wasn't as strong when you tested the other day, it's possible you got a "false" negative.

Thank you Dopey406!
lauralkemp (02-20-11)
  • 3Princes 02-20-11 | 04:25 PM

•  
    Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. I know lots of ppl who had bleeding like you described and were pregnant. I also know that I've had that and then my period hasn't shown till a day or so later, like a cruel joke.
    Good luck!
Thank you 3Princes!
lauralkemp (02-20-11)