Baby Corner

Old 02-28-06, 04:21 PM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 3%
Default How do you handle it?

When you hear of yet another BFP and you are still not pregnant, how do you handle it?

I tend to go overboard trying to be a perfect woman in every other way. I try to have the cleanest house in the world, a gourmet dinner on the table, a perfect body, everything else perfect . . . I do realize none of these are doable, but it is the way I cope. Like, if my reproductive parts don't work as well as every other woman in the world, I need to prove that I am a better woman in all other ways. Ya know?

Just wondering if I am psycho or if others are like me.

Old 02-28-06, 05:54 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

Your not psycho! Not even a little bit!

How do I handle it? hmm Well it depends on the day. Some days I won't leave the house. Other days I cry. Sometimes I go shopping, or do a project. Most the time I just have faith that I will be a Mom and this nightmare will end. I pray probably a little to much, and dream even more.

As far as handling BFP's, I can tell you after 8 years no matter who it is someone elses sucess does not make my failure feel any better. I recognize that my feelings are valid, and know the next day is ususally a little bit better.

Sometimes I picture myself 8 years old standing waiting to be picked for kickball. It isn't true, but it's easy to think I'm the very last one waiting and waiting.

Many struggle. Your not alone. (((hugs)))

Old 03-01-06, 05:39 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

It generally doesn't bother me anymore. Only the family announcements ever got me and only then because a big fuss was made to try and hide it from me. I'm a bit like you though (and only realised it reading your post) that I try to be perfect in most areas of my life. I suppose like you trying to wipe the one failure with a lot of positives.

Old 03-07-06, 02:03 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 5.5%

Mostly I try to just get on with my life, but I fell that I have turned into a bit of a control freak and a b*tch. I smile less than I used to.

BFP's - well I either handle them well or really badly - there's no inbetween, and I always cry.

Last edited by Tracey and Neil; 03-07-06 at 02:06 PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools