Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive How soon after conceiving did you know you were pregnant?

How soon after conceiving did you know you were pregnant?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-25-12, 09:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 40.82%
Default How soon can you tell if you've conceived

I've recently gotten married and have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 10. So its been a long time since I've thought about being pregnant. I'm curious if any of you that are or have been pregnant started getting any symptoms VERY early on. The first day of my last period was sept 12/12. My husband and I had intercourse of sept 23/12 and now today (sept 25th) I seem to be getting weird cramps. Almost like a menstrual cramp but my period is not due until Oct 7th. I'm really wanting another child. I'm 35 so I know my time is starting to run out. I am almost getting obsessed with it lol. Has anyone had pregnancy symptoms this early on? I know it's WAY to early to try a HPT.

Old 09-25-12, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 40.82%
Default How soon after conceiving did you know you were pregnant?

I've recently gotten married and have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 10. So its been a long time since I've thought about being pregnant. I'm curious if any of you that are or have been pregnant started getting any symptoms VERY early on. The first day of my last period was sept 12/12. My husband and I had intercourse of sept 23/12 and now today (sept 25th) I seem to be getting weird cramps. Almost like a menstrual cramp but my period is not due until Oct 7th. I'm really wanting another child. I'm 35 so I know my time is starting to run out. I am almost getting obsessed with it lol. Has anyone had pregnancy symptoms this early on? I know it's WAY to early to try a HPT.

Old 09-25-12, 11:37 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 678.37%

If you have a standard 28 day cycle then it was probably your body ovulating. I wouldn't start worrying about symtoms until alot closer to your next expected period. Don't rule it out but it may behoove you to try again this week. semen can live in the uteras(fallopian tubes) for up to 72 hours.
I got pregnant at 35.5 after 19 months of trying with baby #2.

Old 09-26-12, 08:42 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 8.16%

I knew the exact night I got pregnant. It was a quickie before work and I just knew it because my body was feeling vibrant and fertile

Old 09-26-12, 12:55 PM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 70.2%

I found out pretty quickly on mine...I had a feeling because my boobs were killing me (but thats always been my personal first tell-tale sign). But Im not sure exactly when I concieved but I had my period the 15-19th of June and found out the 12th of July..so I guess it was a little under a month. There's a really cool calculator that they have online that will give you like a 'day to test' thats the earliest possible date you should show...maybe stick your dates in there? Heres the link (And Good Luck!) :

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools