Baby Corner

Old 09-08-04, 01:32 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Unhappy How weird. . .

Well, I'm now part of this board. It was 1 year ago that I stopped using BCP. Was it devistating for any of you when you reached this point? When I think about how we've been trying for 1 yr, I get a little overwhelmed.

Is that natural?

Old 09-08-04, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

I think it is totally natural to feel devastated when you reach the year mark. I remember when I first joined here I noticed this board and thought, "oh, I can't IMAGINE trying THAT LONG" and bang! before I knew it I was over here. I think that during that first year you keep telling yourself that you must just be one of those couples who it takes the whole year to get pg... after all, most doctors won't even look at you until you've been trying that long. But then when you see the diagnosis of "infertility" on your little lab orders... that was overwhelmingly devastating for me.
Unfortunately, there are lots of people who have been trying way longer than that year, and I admire their strength. Fortunately, just in the last 2 months or so, three of us have "graduated." So there is hope after hitting that one year mark.
About you, are you still having 90ish day cycles? I wonder if once that gets regulated by your doctor if getting pg might happen for you?
The ladies here are wonderful....
Good luck!

Old 09-08-04, 08:31 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

The year mark wasn't too bad for me, I still had hope (and rightly so, only an unfortunate few make it as far as some of us have) and by then was starting to go through some tests. Having said that I'd rather not have had to go through it at all!!!

All I can say is read up on the internet - find out everything you can. My GF has PCOS and found success through Naturopathy. Don't turn any idea away and research like crazy. Hoping that your stay with us is short but very sweet!

Old 09-08-04, 10:27 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hey sweetie

Yes, I couldn't believe that I was here! It is a bit overwhelming at times. But, somehow or another, I feel that we are all meant to be parents, in someway or another. Hang in there, we're here for you!

Old 09-09-04, 11:23 AM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm so sorry you've had to join us over here Jessica. I didn't find hitting the one year mark so bad, it was the two year one that did me in.

I hope success finds you soon.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools